✦00✦

Prologue
The Beginning

*---*---*---*---*---*

It was a normal morning in London, Emma woke up to the beeping sound of her alarm clock she threw her blankets off and dragged herself out of bed. A routine she had become more than used to over the last year. She took a shower, got dressed, and kissed her aunt Jackie on the cheek before rushing out the door and taking the first bus she saw.

"Late again, Emma?" her boss asked and she shot him an apologetic smile.

"Sorry."

"No excuses, get to work."

She did as she was told and went straight to the cash register.

It was a menial job at a small-time clothing store, she honestly hated it but it was okay money and it paid the needed bills. Besides, she felt bad for sponging off of her uncle's friends all of the time, not that they minded.

Jackie couldn't care a bit she liked the company during the day and Rose liked having someone other than her mother to talk to. Emma liked the Tylers they were quirky and fun, but most of all caring. She missed home, so much. But she knew what her fathers did they did because they were worried about her and wanted nothing more than to protect her and keep her safe.

Emma spent the rest of the day behind the counter, scanning items and tallying their amounts up. She met up with Rose and her boyfriend Mickey for lunch and after that, she returned to the store and impatiently waited for closing time. When it finally arrived she was one of the first at the front door, before Richard, the security guard handed her the cash bag for the day and told her to go down and hand it to Wilson.

And that's when her boring London life changed... forever.