Chapter 4.

After getting up the next day,I walked to the far end of the corridor where my parents bedroom was situated and lingered at the door.

When i gathered enough will to finally open the door,for one slow second I saw Mum and Dad lying in their master bed like they always did,every morning.

I saw Mum scrolling on her phone reading tweets and and laughing at funny TikTok videos.

I saw Dad on his laptop typing throwing a glance at my laughing mum now with a small content smile on his face.

But as fast as that image appeared...it disappeared,leaving me with a hollowing feeling of emptiness as my reality sunk in.

Blink back tears,I made my way toward their bedside,where our family photos were.

I picked one up and stared at it hard.

It had been taken in my dad's office earlier that year on a Saturday,a photo of my parents and I.

I remembered that day clearly.

Mum and I after getting bored of staying in the house we had decided to surprise Dad in the office so we could take him out for branch.

He had seemed to see us with me carrying a box of pizza and Mum holding the Bio Greek yorghuts.

We had pose for that photos in his office,as we teased him that he seemed more happy after smelling his favourite pizza than after seeing us.

I couldn't even recognized that happy teenager in those photos.

I looked so content and happy,standing in the middle of my parents laughing with both of them planting kisses on each of my cheeks.

That's what the world had robbed me off...True happiness.

I took all the photos and as I was stocked them into my travelling bag,I noticed my mum's ring sitting under one of the photo frames.

She must have taken it off before getting into bed that night of the incidence.

I picked it up and taking off my gold neck chain,which was a gift from her for my seventeenth birthday, I slid the ring onto the chain and put it back on as i started tearing up.

"I will hold you close to my heart always...and forever." I whispered to with a warm smile softly patting her ring, that was now hanging on my chest.

I took the remaining photos and putting them in my bag, I walked out of their bedroom after one final glance.

That was the first day since their death, that I had been able to make it past that door,into that bedroom.

In those past fourteen days, I hadn't had the strength to enter their bedroom.

It hurt too much.

It had been hard for me, since everything there still smelled of them, a combination of their perfumes.

Sweet and woody.

I went downstairs and opened the kitchen fridge in search of some food to carry with me.

The pungent smell of rotting food it emitted, made me close it's door with a bang in disappointment.

I guess all the food in there had gone bad from the two weeks of me not bothering about it.

I took a deep breathe, before opening it again to threw out the spoilt food into the trash bin.

I opened the kitchen cabinet where my mum always put our snack and found several packets of Chevda, Dried chilly mangoes, Mabuyu,Mihogo chips and a few other packets of Tropical heat chilly flavoured potatoes crisps.