Prologue

There she stood among the lost souls of the Underworld awaiting judgement by the king himself. A warrior in life, she was nothing but another soul here. Souls went in, never to exit the room they filed into. Lucifer, King of Hell, sorter of souls, held her afterlife in his hands and she didn't even know who he was. She had worshipped many gods in life as her upbringing had taught her. Would she be punished for her faith or judged simply on how she lived her life? Her life was cut down in its prime by a someone she held trust in simply for the throne she had no wish to take. Her anger boiled inside her soul even here at the betrayal of her own family.
   It was almost her time to be judged as the souls filed endlessly in for judgement. The poor, the noble, the rich and the warriors all stood for judgement. No one was before the other based on their life. It was comforting to her to know that at least that was not used for judgement as it was in life. She had lived an honorable life, fighting for her land, helping the poor and protecting the weak. Surely this would lead to a fair afterlife for her soul to rest for whatever eternity awaited her. She thought her afterlife would begin differently than this, simply being whisked away to whatever afterlife she had earned in her brief life.
   Her nerves were rattled as they were for her first battle. Wasn't her soul supposed to be at peace now? She entered the room, eyeing the office like room skeptically. Then her eyes landed on the man behind the desk, her non-existent heart beating out of her equally non-existent chest. His handsome features were tired with an endless pile of folders before him as she slowly approached the desk before her. She lowered herself into the chair, waiting for him to begin her judgement. His ethereal green eyes looked up at her, the room seeming to expand with whatever flashed in his eyes. The ground seemed to shake violently as she gripped the chair and held on as he stood from his chair, walking around the desk to eye her. The room settled down as he leaned against his desk, eyeing her up and down before his booming voice seemed to echo throughout the realm. What had he said? Was she suppose to answer him? Before she knew what was happening, a creature of nightmares was next to her escorting her from the room towards a door she had not noticed behind the desk.
   The creature led her down a dark hallway towards a large set of double doors. It opened one side, leading her into a large bedroom like room. He handed her a stack of clothing, pointing to another door before exiting the room. She slowly approached the door, peaking inside to see what was in there. Inside stood a large enclosed space with knobs and a spout. What was this contraption? She peered curiously at it for a short time before deciding it couldn't hurt to see what it did. She turned the knobs, jumping backwards when water began to pour out like a spring rain. What the devil was this? She felt the spray of water, marveling at its warmth. What was this creation? She made haste in stripping her battle clothing off, still stained with the blood of her death, and stepping under the spraying water. She let a groan slip her lips as the water ran down her skin. If this was to be her afterlife she would welcome it with open arms just for this heavenly little room with the running warm water. She peered around the little room, finding a bottle of a thick substance that smelled like the earth after rain. She scrubbed it into her hair and washed herself with it, enjoying the feeling of washing in warm water versus the cold waterfalls of her homeland.
   She turned the knobs until the water stopping pouring out. She stepped out, beginning to shake from the cold of the room. She found a big piece of soft fabric that she used to dry herself with. She unfolded the clothing she was given, surprised at how soft the fabric was under her fingertips. The outfit closely resembled her warrior outfit that she had died in. She patted her hair to soak up the extra water dripping down as she peered more closely at her surroundings. Why was this chosen for her anyway? What was it he had bellowed out that she did not understand? Surely she would know soon enough.