23- A Father's Love

The next morning, Rocky wakes up to Jennifer in his arms, her head resting on his chest. As she slowly walks up, hugging him tighter, he feels an overwhelming sense of peace.

She opens her eyes and looks up at him. "Good morning!"

He kisses her forehead and then her lips. "It is now."

A knock swiftly comes from the door.

"Who could that be?" Rocky asks, getting out of bed and slipping on a pair of pants.

Once at the door, he opens it sightly to see Sasha waiting patiently. "Hey, I don't mean to interrupt, but I need you for the morning."

Rocky stands in the door, blocking the view inside. "What's up?"

Sasha stands on her toes. "Good morning, Jennifer!"

"Good morning, Sasha!" Jennifer replies.

"I need you to get me access to 166's room." Sasha answers.

Rocky looks confused.

"I.. saw Clef last night.. and we talked."

Rocky smiles. "I imagine there was more to it than that."

"Oh, shut up!" Sasha groans.

Rocky cocks his head. "We are linked, Sasha. I may not feel what you feel, but you certainly feel my emotions. Nothing to be ashamed of."

"Tell that to my female spirit with your emotions fixed in. Not a great combination." Sasha says sassily. "So hurry up!"

Rocky leaves the door cracked as he quickly gets dressed and kisses Jennifer goodbye.

"Stay safe, sweety!" Jennifer says worriedly.

"You know me!" Rocky smiles.

Jennifer lightly pulls his ear playfully. "Yeah, always looking for trouble. Now get going before you are late."

Once out in the hall, Sasha has a thought. "Would.. you like me to set up a fancy dinner for you two after we get back?"

Rocky nods. "That would be great!"

Once they reach 166's room, Rocky radios in the request, and the buzzer sounds.

Entering, 166 is sitting at her desk, as usual, but this time her long blonde hair is the only thing covering her body.

She looks up with a smile. "Well, hello again!"

"Hello, 166, I have brought a friend today." Rocky replies.

Sasha shyly walks out from behind him.

166 leaps up quickly in surprise. "Are you Sasha?!"

Sasha nods. "Yes."

166 runs over and begins examining her. "Jennifer was right, you are completely made of chains! You are beautiful, just like she said!"

Sasha chuckles. "Well, that is nice of you to say. I.. uh.. have something for you.. from your father."

166 looks up in surprise. "Really?! Is he okay?! Will he be coming to see me?!"

Sasha produces the envelope. "I can defiantly tell you he is doing fine, just sad that he could not send this sooner."

166 takes the envelope with tears welling up in her eyes. "Thank you!"

Sasha, not often the touchy-feely type, quickly wraps her in a hug. "Stay strong, dear. I promise we are working on making this work. We will reunite you two again someday."

166 hugs her back.

Rocky feels a bit awkward with the emotions between future stepdaughter and stepmother. "I promise I am working on a solution. If nothing else..."