47- FEAR ITSELF

Back in reality, well before the group's conclusion in the fear dimension, Dr. Clef drives quickly back to the facility, hops out of the jeep, and runs to the door. 

He pounds on the door. "MTF NTF, open the door!"

The intercom turns on. "Who is there?" The female commander asks.

"Dr. Alto Clef!" He replies.

The door opens and the female commander walks with Dr. Clef as he enters. "Where are the Samara agents?!"

"They sacrificed themselves so I could get away unharmed. The Scarlet King is heading this way and our team is MIA." Dr. Clef answers in a panic as he rushes past.

The female commander turns to her team. "Shut that door! Prepare all countermeasures!" She then keys up her radio. "I am implementing a case XK lockdown. Please standby for further instructions."

"Roger that. We are standing by." The old man replies.

Just as she turns around, 953 falls out of a tar portal, in the ceiling, landing on her butt.

"OWW! Why are you being so mean?!" She exclaims, looking up at the ceiling.

106 peeks out of the portal. "Stay.." He then disappears again.

953 clinches her fists and her tails stiffen straight out. "I AM NOT A DAMN DOG!!!"

"Problems in paradise, 953?" The female commander asks.

953 looks up in surprise, her expression quickly changing to a nervous smile. "Oh.. hey! Um.." She stands, dusting herself off. "Mission.. successful!?"

The female commander glares at her skeptically. "And where is your friend?"

953 looks at the other NTF agents nervously. "She.. met up with the rest of the team!"

"The team that is not MIA?!" The female agent snaps back quickly.

953's ears and tail droop and she stares at the floor. "Okay.. Mary and I went after Lucifer and ultimately he was terminated. She then met up with her husband who has a team ready to keep Lucifer pussified.."

The female commander reaches out and grabs 953's left ear. "YOU FREAKING IDIOT!! Do you have any idea how much shit you could have put us through?! What if you had died?! You are far from immortal! 106 would have had all our asses, for letting you leave!"

"I know.. I'm sorry.." 953 replies sadly.

The female commander drapes her arm over 953's shoulder. "Listen, we have had our differences, but you have to stick around. With me being the commander of your name sack, we are kind of like sisters! Family looks out for each other."

953 glances at her with a smile. "So you are not mad at me?"

"Oh no. I am furious!" The female commander says, wrapping 953 in a hug. "But I am also glad you are safe."

953 chuckles between half sobs. "Thank you!"

Meanwhile, Dr. Clef hurries down the hall just as Dr. Bright and the teddy bears exit the office.

Dr. Bright looks up at Dr. Clef. "Oh! Hey! Meow are you doing back so soon?"

Dr. Clef stops short of stepping on Bright, looking down annoyed. "Don't you have enough lives without picking up nine more?"

"Very funny, Clef!" Dr. Bright replies, rolling his cat eyes. "I actually have a plan, if you want to help."

"Does it involve a chainsaw cannon?" Dr. Clef snaps back.

Dr. Bright smiles. "Not this time!"

Dr. Clef looks at 1048 and 2295. "Are they involved?"

"Yes, actually." Dr. Bright replies.