5

It was his birthday.

Sunwoo was 19 now. Too bad that no one was there to celebrate it with him. Chanhee took all of his cool adult friends with him on a spring getaway, so not even Kevin was there. He and Chanhee hadn't even talked to each other since that day, even though they used to live right next to each other. That was why Sunwoo rented an apartment the day he turned 18. It didn't matter to Sunwoo anyways. He had college work to keep up with now. He didn't care if a bunch of college juniors missed out on his birthday. At least, that was what he tried to tell himself.

Haknyeon and Eric had promised to go over and see him when they were done with their classes. But Sunwoo didn't care. He just really needed a cigarette.

Ever sine that day in high school, Sunwoo had picked up a bunch of bad habits. None of his friends new, obviously, because he didn't need lectures on why a 15 year old shouldn't have been drinking and doing drugs and smoking. At this point, he didn't even need to feel mature, he just couldn't quit. Those things were addictive for a reason. He didn't drink or do drugs much anymore, only when he was at parties and no one he knew was there. But he really relied on his vape and cigarets. They were the things that were keeping him going. It was a miracle that none of his friends had seen him because he wasn't very discreet about it.

Since Sunwoo took online courses, he didn't need to worry about having a set schedule. He had no idea what he wanted to do with his life, or how he should spend it, so things like plans and schedules were very irritating to him.

Just thinking about it made him need a smoke even more. Nothing was stopping him, so he went out the balcony of his apartment and pulled one out.