39

" fett "

Entering the pit, Lana sees Din facing the child as they are coming up on Tython

Entering the pit, Lana sees Din facing the child as they are coming up on Tython. She sets her helmet down on her seat, walking to Din's side he taps his thigh slightly. She smiles, sitting in his lap, bringing her knees to her face, leaning into his chest. "What're you two up to?"

"Just some light training. Watch this. Grogu?" Din says, his little ears perk up when he hears Din say his name. Lana feels the vibrations from his chest as he lets out a small laugh. The child holds the ball closely, examining the shiny exterior of it.

"Try it." Din says to her. She lifts her head slightly, "Grogu?" Lana and Din chuckle at his head popping up to them. Din reaches out his hand, "Give me the ball." The child slowly pulls away from him. "Grogu, come on." The child looks down to the ball sadly. Finally, the child reluctantly hands it back to Din.

The child squeals with excitement as Din brings the ball up, holding it between his thumb as pointer finger. "Okay, here we go. You can have it, just like before." He reaches out his hands, his eyes shutting a little. "Come on Grogu." Lana cheers him on.

Just like nothing the ball flies out of Din's hand. "Dank farrik!" He yells excitedly. Lana smiles, but just as she does the child drops the ball from his hand. "Hey, no. I'm not mad at you." Din tries to defend. "When the nice lady said you had training, I just..." The child looks to him with sad eyes. Din sighs, grabbing the ball and putting it back in his little hands.

"You're very special kid." Din says.

"Grogu." Lana corrects him.

"Sorry, you're really special Grogu." His ears perk up again. "We're gonna find that place you belong and they're gonna take real good care of you." Din says sadly. He wanted best for the child, but he knew he would miss him.

"You should get back to your seat. This is Tython." Din says looking down to Lana. She walks back to her seat, now that the Crest is fixed up, she didn't have to worry about a bumpy landing.

"This is where we're gonna find you a Jedi. But you have to agree to go with them if they want you to. Understand?" Din pokes his head back, the child is still playing with the little silver ball in his hand. "Plus, we can't train you. You're too powerful. We agreed to take you back to your own kind, so that's what we need to do."

To Lana it sounded as if Din wasn't explaining it to the child but rather explaining it to himself that he has to let Grogu go.

As they enter the atmosphere, they're met with mountains that seemed to be endless. They approach the only structure within sight. "Looks like that's the magic rock we're supposed to take you to down there."

"Looks like we're gonna have to travel the last stretch with the windows down." Din turns to the child slightly, earning a small giggle from him.

•·················•·················•