30

" hollow "

When Lana awoke, the Crest was covered in a glaze of frost

When Lana awoke, the Crest was covered in a glaze of frost. She rubbed her eyes, her hands feeling like they were frozen. She held them up to her face blowing hot air on them. She looked to the side of her, the passenger was on the ground shaking and whimpering with her eyes closed. She unbuckled herself, walking up to the hunched over Din. Her legs felt like pins and needles from the cold. "Din, Din wake up please." She shook his shoulder.

He lifted his head from the spot on the dash. "Lana, Lana are you alright?" He asks grabbing her forearms gently. "I-I'm fine. Please help her." She gestures to the passenger. "I'll get her some blankets and make sure the eggs and the kid are alright. You stay with her." He says, throwing off his cloak and giving it to her.

Lana leans down to the shivering passenger. "Hey, hey wake up." The passenger shoots awake, she tries speaking to Lana. "He's gonna get your eggs it's gonna be okay. Here." She wraps the cloak around her.

•·················•·················•

The group is in the belly of the ship, surrounding the heater Din got for them. The passenger is huddled around her eggs, Lana sat in front of the heater with the child next to her, she pulls her blanket tight around her shoulders.

Din walks over to them, talking mostly to Lana. "We're in a tight spot. The main power drive is not responding and the hull has lost its integrity. I suspect the temperature will drop significantly when night falls. I'll have a better idea of our prospects at that time."

Din starts laying a mat down. The passenger tries speaking to him again. "I'm sorry, I don't speak frog. Whatever it is can wait until morning. I recommend you get some sleep."

•·················•·················•

"Wake up Mandalorian." Something shouts at them. Lana sits up from her spot resting on Din's chest, Din's eyes flash open and he draws his pistol. "This cannot wait until morning."

He puts his weapon back in his holster when he realizes it's the passenger speaking through the droid Zero whom they came across a while back. "Do not be alarmed, I bypassed the droid's security protocols and accessed its vocabulator. These eggs are the last breed of my life cycle. I must demand you hold true to the deal that you agreed to."

"Look, lady the deal is off. We're lucky if we get off this frozen tomb with our lives." Din responds to her, resting his head on the hull of the ship. Lana sits with her legs crossed to the side of him, fiddling with her hands.

"I thought honoring one's word was a part of the Mandalorian code. I guess those are just stories for children." She finishes.

Din looks to Lana; she pokes her head up. "We need to at least try."