8

Mando, Lana and Toro bodies were against a sand dune overlooking the desolate valley

Mando, Lana and Toro bodies were against a sand dune overlooking the desolate valley. Mando made sure to lay in between the two, analyzing the reptile that they stumbled across with a body attached from the reigns.

"Alright tell me what you see." Mando says to Toro. Before Toro can speak up Lana interrupts.

"It's a dewback. Riders still attached by his heel." Mando turns his helmet to her, tilting it slightly. He recognized this was a second time Lana had identified an animal they've come across on their mission.

"I didn't leave my home much, I've read about lots of different species such as banthas and dewbacks." She mumbles trying to explain herself. Mando grins under his helmet at her embarrassment, he loved to see the pink hue of her cheeks when she got like this.

"Is that the target?" Toro says trying to keep himself from falling down the side of the ridge. Mando turned his attention back to Toro acknowledging the situation in front of the group.

"I don't know. I'll go, you cover me." He grabs another blaster from his waist and hands it to Lana. "Stay low."

Mando picks himself up from the ridge and glides over the sand. Each step he took Lana grew afraid of how far he was getting, leaving her alone with Toro. She tried her best to not look at him, she kept her eyes focused on the dewback in front of her.

Mando cautiously stepped up to the rider, with every stride closer he got the dewback would bellow. Lana knew this was a sign of distress and kept her eye out for Mando. He had his pistol drawn, turning the body over he realized it was just another bounty hunter.

"It's not her." Lana says to Toro, keeping her distance.

"Hey, I hope you don't plan on keeping all that stuff to yourself." Toro shouts from over the ridge. Mando ignored the young bounty hunters request and began searching the body for anything that could be of use to them.

Mando found a tracking job hidden in the dead man's pocket. Quickly he lifted his head to the direction it was beeping toward looking for the bounty. Mando was very intelligent but he fell right into Fennec Shand's trap.

Right as the words "Get down" shot out of his mouth, Mando's beskar was hit with a shot. Lana felt her heart drop seeing Mando fly to the ground. Toro dropped to be behind the ridge, but Lana kept her head up aiming her blaster and where the shot came from. There was nothing, no one around them.

Mando scratched his way off the ground and sprinted toward Lana. Just as he found himself on the edge of the ridge another shot rang out throwing him down the side. Lana turned from her position on the hill. "You alright?" Toro asks. He crawls back to his position between the two.

"I'm fine. Hit me in the beskar and at the range beskar held up." He pants. He touches his head onto the sand then picks it up to look at Toro through his visor.