7- A Rival

"(Y/n)??" Nagito called out which made me look at the door, he was standing there looking different for some reason. I quickly stop playing piano and get up "what are u doing here!?" I ask "uh sorry to disturb you in the middle of u playing, u sing really good" "u heard all of that!!?" I say surprised "yeah" he smiles it off like as if it's nothing "i uh- just forget what u heard and pretend nothing happened, well i gotta go bye!" I quickly get off the stage and leave towards the door "(y/n) wait-" he calls out and i close the door on him.

"Geez why did i have to bump into him, I'll just keep avoiding him i mean because those girls did say he had a girlfriend and i don't want no beef with them.... Although it hurts because i do wanna be with him" i thought on my way to class looking all gloomy.

Timeskip~

Most of the day i was hanging out with my friend chiaki but she noticed i was kind of sad "what's wrong (y/n)? I've noticed u been sad all day?" She questions "is just i think i like nagito but some girls told me he had a girlfriend" i look at nagito who was hanging out with rika "are u dumb" chiaki pouts "huh???" I say confused. "There cousins!???" When chiaki said that my eyes went wide open SWEET HOME ALABAMA! I say in my head wth! Then why is she always clinging onto him! I felt anger running through me that i got tricked by those stupid girls! Grrrr i growl in anger...

I then slam my hand on the desk causing me to stand up. Everyone in the class looks at me including nagito "hey (y/n) chill out everyone is staring" chiaki whispers "(y/n) is there a problem?" The teacher questions lifting an eyebrow up glaring at me "Ye-" i look at the teacher who was furious then i sit back down. "Ugh just fix this later with him" chiaki says putting a hand on her face i just nod in agreement.

After school ended i walked home but then i saw Rika and decided to confront her. She was walking infront of me and then i grabbed her shoulder making her turn around "ugh what's ur problem!" She looks at me with disgust in her eyes "no what's ur problem! I understand nagito is ur cousin but ur clinging onto him all the time that you don't even give me time to talk to him!" I yell "listen here u little pipsqueak, ur nothing but worthless trash to step on!" She pokes me in the forehead making me fall back "hey-" before i could say anything she continues to talk "look i don't know how u figured out me and nagito are cousins but whoever told u that is a lie! Were not even cousins by blood so keep ur head in ur own business and stay away from him because sooner or later he's gonna be my boyfriend and i won't let u interfere with that!" She says all high and mighty i get up from the floor and speak up "well u know what!? will see who wins him first or unless ur to much of a loser to even compete with me" i smirk and she just makes a mad sound, we glare at each other with death stares "fine It's on! but don't think im gonna lose to u!" She exclaims walking off "well me neither!!" I yell super loud.

After she left i sighted in relief "omg i can't believe i did that" i put my hand on my mouth shocked... "Did what??" Nagito came out of nowhere "what the heck! U need to stop popping out of nowhere u scared me!" "Oh sorry, by the way (y/n) may i ask u something" "hmmm what may that be??" I respond in curiosity "why have u been avoiding me all day?" I then stay quiet for a litte to long "is just someone told me u had a girlfriend and i didn't want to interfere with that... Im sorry" i apologize "huh!? I don't have a girlfriend who told u that!?" He says surprised "that's besides the point im just glad u don't" i say finally smiling but he just smirks hugging me from behind "why are u happy" he whispers in my ear making my whole body shiver "hey don't just do that out of nowhere and im not happy!" I say while blushing "awww don't lieeeee" he teases "shut up!".

Throughout that whole afternoon he continued to tease me until our way back home. "Hey (y/n) before u go remember that day i was gonna tell u something" he says and i get flashbacks.... I remembered when he said that he had something important to tell me and when he put his hand on my cheek that our lips were only a few inches apart....this made me turn really red "yes..." I say nervously "well i said i would make it up to you and i meant what i said so.... Would u uhhh go on a date with me" he questions blushing while doing 👉🏿👈🏿 this "yes!" I get all happy and hug him. Take that rika! I give an evil smirk "well then see u tomorrow I'll text u the address to just pick u up since we live right next to each other" he winks and leaves to his house.

I get inside my house and squeal in happiness, my heart was beating so fast because of how happy i was, nagito i love you....

Next chapter "A Christmas special!"