Black Spades: How it started

A STRONG wind blows from the outside, continues to bring cold inside of the mansion. The weather drops at 10 degrees Celsius. Everybody wears long and thick clothes to keep their bodies warm.

Gretel sat down on the corner of the room and continued to sketch her fashion design. "It's freaking cold, dude."

"But the real example of cold is there," Rocket chuckled as he pointed Storm.

Her gray eyes darted at him. "Wanna die?"

Rocket smiled widely with hands forming a peace sign while Gretel just grinned at them.

"Kuya," Snow blurted, clutching the blanket because of the breeze. "It's so cold, I couldn't take it anymore."

Shadow sighed as he doubled the blanket of her sister. "I'll turn on the other two heaters." He stood up and keep the room warmer.

He then took another blanket and wrapped it to Storm. "Are you okay?"

"Thanks," she replied. "I'm fine."

"Sebastian told us to wait here."

"Yeah, I heard it."

Shadow thought that right after she was discharged from the hospital, Storm became another person. Nangangapa siya kung ano ba talaga ang tunay nitong pagkatao. Kahit na sinabi naman na sa kanila na nagkaroon ito ng post-traumatic amnesia. Hindi pa rin niya matukoy ang buong katotohanan.

"Do you have any idea regarding the man who can help us?"

"The man Sebastian was talking about lately?"

He nodded. "I'm curious about his identity."

Storm stopped and her forehead creased as she thinks deeply. "I don't know."

"Maybe it's Sebastian's friend?" Gretel interfered their conversation with a silvery voice. "You know, he's kinda rich."

"Richest," Rocket corrected her words. "I once read an article that have a long list of richest clans here in Germany."

"Heinrich Clan where Kuya Sebastian belongs is on the second spot," Snow mumbled in a hoarse voice.

"Heinrich," Storm whispered, still thinking about the man. "I think I've heard it before."

"Where?" Shadow asked.

"It sucks when you want to remember something that's really familiar but you can't just voice it out." Storm shook her head in disappointment.

"I agree." Rocket chuckled. "Nasa dulo na ng dila mo pero hindi mo pa masabi."

"Just wait until it pops out of your tongue, dude."

"Dude ka ng dude, Ate Gretel," mahinang biro ni Snow, nanatili siyang nakahiga, nakabaluktot dahil sa sobrang lamig. "Kanino mo ba 'yan natutunan?"

"I just heard it from the German guy yesterday. It sounds cool so I gotta use it."

Napansin ni Shadow na nanginginig ang tuhod ni Storm kaya buong loob niyang binigay ang sariling blanket.

Nagtataka siyang nilingon ni Storm. "Baka lamigin ka."

"I'm okay," he smiled. "Keep it."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

"Eh ikaw, Snow?" baling ni Storm sa bunso nila. "Ayos na ba 'yang blanket mo?"