Gray

FOIL, Epee and Sabre are the weapons used in fencing. I stared at it, weighing what should I choose. I'm having a hard time because my arms are still sore.

"C'mon, Gray," Stone said. "Choose wisely."

I was surprised when I saw her holding the epee. It's heavier than foil with a larger guard and much stiffer blade. The entire body is the valid target area. So her fencing uniform does not include a lame, a mettalic vest.

I heaved a deep sigh and wore my fencing mask. She left me no choice but to pick up the epee. I also didn't wear the lame because it only requires for foil and saber fencers. I should follow her so that the fight will be fair.

She smirked at me. "Don't worry, I'll be gentle."

"As if." I crooked my face. "You're cruel."

"Let's start."

She quickly moved and hit my side. It was just a tip of the blade. I did what I learned for the past months of training. I waved my epee and targeted her torso. She easily dodged it and cuffed me at the back.

She's really fast and I must admit that I'll always become slower when she is my opponent. And that is not good for me. Her forehead knotted and advanced to the other side. I followed her as I hit her arms.

She glared at me and I just chuckled. Another points for me. I moved closer but she tricked me with her technique. She was about to hit my shoulders but still I managed to dodged it.

The fight almost ended with me, being the winner but we heard a loud explosion coming from the outside. We removed our fencing mask and stares at each other like was that for? Until we heard a scream that made us run fast.

We headed at the back of our hideout and saw that the explosion made a huge damage to our territory. As the smoke wiped out, we both grasped when we spotted Cuatro and Jack fighting each other while Diamond is playing around, destroying our wall.

Stone cussed. "They attacked us in the most unexpected time."

"I'm sure Cuatro knew about this," I replied. "He's full of anger right now."

"Stone! Gray!" Vera run towards us while covering her nose. "What the heck is happening?!" I grabbed her waist to protect her from the daggers.

"A surprise attack." Stone rolled her eyes. "Where's Tres?"

"Seriously? That's your concern?" Vera blurted, irritated. "We need to help Cuatro."

She glared at her. "I'm asking you, where's Tres?"

"She's in her room, sleeping."

Diamond grinned at me as if she's challenging me. I threw the epee and got my samurai when someone held my arms. My forehead knotted and glanced at them. It was Stone.

"Why? I can't just let this pass."

She shook her head. "Tres should fight Jack."

"What do you mean?" Vera asked. "We're in a critical situation right now!"

"We should follow the positions. It should Cuatro versus Diamond."

"What?" I said in shock. "Is that really important?"

"Queen of Black Spades sent me a letter. She said if we really want war, they'll give it to us but according to positions."

"And what will happen if we break that rule?"