Snow

I STOOD beside Ate Storm when we walked out of the room. I glanced at her but her face is blank and cold. I have many questions in mind but I'm just too shy to ask. We're not yet close.

It's been a month since she was discharged from the hospital. She was comatose for two years and she even acquired post-traumatic amnesia. It was really hard for her until now. She barely talk and smile. She's icy-cold and no one can't read her real emotions.

"Do you have something to tell me?" Ate Storm asked and I was shocked.

Did she just read my mind?

"No," she spoke again. "You reaction is too obvious."

Kuya Shadow held my wrist. "Don't bother her."

"It's okay." Ate Storm faced me. "What is it?"

I swallowed the lump on my throat. I feel like I also swallowed my tongue. Even Rocket and Gretel looked at me in confusion. I pouted my lips and continued to walk until we reached our meeting room.

"Is there a problem?" Ate Storm knotted her forehead. "Tell me, Snow."

Kuya Shadow stared at me. "You're making me worry."

"I'm sorry," I sighed. "I just want to ask something."

Ate Storm pointed herself. "To me?" I nodded. "What?"

"Do you really want us to be the legendary gang in the world?"

"Why not?" She smirked. "To become powerful, we first need to become the legendary gang."

I looked at my other friends. "Do you agree with that?"

"Yeah," Gretel replied. "It's something that's new to me so I'll give it a try."

"Well," Rocket blurted. "It's interesting. It caught my attention since I'm into underground fights before."

I sat next to him and glanced at my brother. "What about you, Kuya?"

"If I say yes, will you agree too?"

"You're against with it?" I looked back at Ate Storm and caught her staring at me.

She's just asking me but why do I feel so much fear? I even felt my knees trembling. We're not yet the legendary gang but she already has the power.

"I'm not," I replied. My heart is pounding so fast. "I actually agree with it."

"Then what's the problem?"

"Namangha lang ako, Ate," mahinang tugon ko. "Hindi ko akalain na maiisip mo 'yon."

Kuya Shadow smiled and patted my head. "I thought you don't want her plan."

"Gusto ko," ngiti ko naman. "Ate Storm 'yan eh. Matalino na nga, maganda pa."

She shook her head and looked away, as if she doesn't want to receive that kind of compliment.

"Absolutely," Gretel said, smiling from ear to ear. "But there's something I'm curious about."

Rocket chuckled. "What? Is it about King Simon?"

"Why Black Spades?" She then turned her gaze to Ate Storm. "How do you come up with the name of our gang?"

"In the game of life, the spades is always trump."

"What do you mean?" Kuya Shadow asked. He's looking at her as if she's the only girl in the universe.