Chapter 8

She loves me? Oh my god she loves me!' Damon felt like he was on cloud nine.

"You what? Please say it again." He begged.

"I love you Damon," she smiled through the tears.

"I love you so much Elena, I thought I would never see you again." He said as he picked her off the ground and twirled her around. She laughed sweetly, as he set her back down and hugged her again.

"You get a chance to start over Damon, when I kissed you before you passed out, your soul must have connected back with your human body, we have to ask Emily about it when we see her next!" Elena said.

"I don't care how it happened I am just so glad I am here. Okay so fill me in, I don't have my past memories yet, must be some sort of side effect, what is this prophecy?" he asked seriously.

"Basically, we have to kill Kathrine, and apparently have a baby its key to saving the world." Elena said bluntly.

"Did you say baby? As in we have to make a baby?" Damon said his eyebrows cocking and he flashed his signature smirk.

Elena punched him lightly in the shoulder "Get your mind out of the gutter this is serious, I thought we would have time you know, for you to as your 1864 self said "court" me, but it looks like we are heading into a shot gun wedding." Elena blushed.

"Hmmm, well a shot gun wedding is usually because the bride to be is knocked up, I say we skip right to the baby making part. Make it all authentic don't you think? Leave your door unlocked I'll come tonight, what room are you in?" he flirted.

"Damon! I am in the purple one, but we are not having sex!" Elena stammered, trying hard to ignore the burning desire building in her loins.

"Sure, okay well I am still coming to your room tonight, so we can "cuddle" then," he winked at her as they walked back into the house.

Elena's blush deepened as they walked into the house.

"So, a thing that's nagging at me, why is Pop's being so nice?" Damon said clearly confused by his father's behavior.

"I don't know maybe that is something that you should be asking him." Elena mentioned taking a seat on a plush chair.

"Yeah, maybe I will." He said dropping down onto a couch.

"Are you going to tell him that your you know, "you"?" she asked intrigued.

"Hmm, probably not a good idea, don't want to give the guy a heart attack, now do we?" he laughed, wondering to himself how he was going to keep it a secret. Sure, he was born in the 1800's but did he remember how to live in the 1800's.

Stefan walked into the parlor.

"Damon, Miss Elena. How was your day in town? Father said you got back late, I hope that you didn't meet bad weather." Stefan said sweetly.

Damon was confused, so Elena answered.

"Town was lovely Master Stefan, I found many dresses and shoes, your brother was very kind to take me." Elena smiled at Stefan.

"That is wonderful Miss Elena, please call me Stefan. Damon do you have a minute? I need your advice on a matter. Good night Miss Elena." Stefan said as he ushered his brother to come with him.

"Good evening Elena, I will talk with you later perhaps." Damon said winking at her, Stefan didn't notice the wink as he pushed his brother with him to another room.

"Stefan what on earth is this about?" Damon said as his brother looked at him with worry in his eyes.

"I did a terrible thing Damon, a most terrible thing." Stefan said pacing back and forth.