Chapter 11

The wind was feverish, and rain came pouring from the sky as Damon and Emily rode west.

"What is the plan when we meet the vampire Master Salvatore?" Emily yelled over the wind.

"We stake her, that's the plan. You give her one of those magical migraines you witch's do and then I will do the honors." Damon bellowed, the sky was getting dark as they reached the next town.

"Let's go and find a room to stay in Emily," Damon said as they pulled into a small motel.

After he got a key to a room he gathered the horses and tied them up for the night.

Inside the room...

"Emily, I have more questions for you." Damon said as he rung out his shirt and placed it over the fire.

"Proceed Master Damon." Emily said as she took out a small loaf of bread from her pouch.

"What do you know of the prophecy that Elena and I are intended to complete?" he asked as she handed him a piece of bread.

"I know that you and Miss Elena are to conceive a child, and that the child's blood shall be used to destroy the darkness. I also know that Kathrine Peirce must be destroyed and that she carries within her pure darkness. It is not known to me at this time if the darkness that must be destroyed is that of Kathrine herself or something far worse." Emily replied taking small bites of the bread.

Damon chewed his lip, "But will my kid die?" he asked seriously concerned.

"I do not believe that is the plan, no Master Damon. As far as I know the child will live. As I explained earlier, I can not tell the fate of the child until it has been conceived." She stated as she took a small drink of water.

"Hmm, I see." He replied as he stared into the fire, the flames of the fire reflecting in his eyes. His mind was deep in thought, so much had occurred in the past day in a half, so much that didn't make sense. When he died there had been nothing, it felt as if he was waking up from a dream. He remembered Elena kissing him, he remembered saying goodbye, and then it was blank. Like a darkness over took him and he just lay in limbo. Then suddenly, he woke up in his bed, in 1864, the thoughts of the future felt like a bad dream. Except they were not a dream, everything he experienced as a vampire had happened, and all those things had shaped him into who he was now. He sighed, 'how can I be the man that Elena needs me to be, I know that I am human now, but I still don't feel human.'

"Emily, because I came from the future am I one hundred percent human?" he asked quietly.

"Yes, Master Salvatore you are human, only your mind came back, I do not know how it happened exactly, time travel and soul connections are very complex. A soul connection is not something that witches can create, it is fate, and destiny. The powers that be have decided that you are needed here." Emily explained.

Damon nodded as he watched the fire dwindle to nothing but embers. 'I am needed...' he thought, the thought was so foreign to him.

In Mystic Falls...

"Mayor Lockwood, Mayor, what will we do?" the council was frantic, Giuseppe had called a town meeting, and told the rest of the council what had been going on.

"QUIET!" The mayor yelled. "Giuseppe please explain the gravity of the situation."

"If we do not band together to kill the vampire that is coming after my son, the fate of all of you is in jeopardy!" Giuseppe demanded.

"Why should we help your sons? The eldest boy of yours is nothing but a womanizer!" one man piped up.

Giuseppe felt his face growing hot, he knew that Damon was a flirt.