Chapter 13

Elena shot out of bed suddenly, there was a nagging feeling in her mind. All night she had nightmares about Kathrine, Klaus and Stefan. She rubbed her hands over her face, looking around the room for the clock. The little hand read eight.

She got out of bed and Marie helped her get dressed for the day, she worried about Damon. Even though she knew he was safe with Emily she worried that she would lose him again.

When she got down to the dining hall Stefan was already waiting for her with breakfast.

"Miss Elena, Good morning." He smiled suspiciously.

"Good morning Stefan." Elena smiled, noticing he seemed to be acting weird.

"It would appear my father and brother still are not back from there excursion." Stefan commented as he took a bite of an apple.

"Well, Miss Bennett did say it was a three-day trip just to find Valarie." Elena commented.

"Yes, I suppose. This must put a kink in your wedding plans." Stefan said dryly.

Elena nearly choked on her orange juice.

"I um... I think that dealing with the vampire problem is much more pressing at this time." Elena forced a smile.

"Yes, the vampire problem, speaking of vampires, how did I become one in your timeline?" Stefan asked bringing his napkin to his mouth and wiping it.

"Um... I do not really think you want to know." Elena coughed.

"No please Miss Elena I am very curious." Stefan said coldly.

"Well um, a vampire named Kathrine came to live with you. She looks a lot like me, I am her doppelganger, someone who looks exactly like another. Kind of like a twin. Anyway, she came, and you and Damon fell in love with her. She wanted to turn you both, so she could have you both forever, she was sick and twisted. Before she could kill you her self to turn you, your father found out what she was and captured her. Then you and Damon went to save her, and your father killed you." Elena took a breath.

"So, my father he kills us?" Stefan gasped.

"Well he did in that timeline yes, and you and Damon believed that Kathrine was dead, so when you died and came back in transition, which is what happens before you become a vampire. You both chose not to feed, drink blood to complete the transition, you wanted to die. But when you went to say goodbye to your father, you found out he killed you and you got angry and killed him and drank his blood completing the transition." Elena said weakly.

"I see, so how exactly does one become a vampire?" Stefan inquired.

Elena's brows furrowed. "I um. I don't know the details you will have to ask Damon when he gets back. I am sorry Stefan, but I must go and see Marie, I am not feeling very well." Elena excused herself from the table, she had a very bad feeling about all the questions Stefan was asking.

At the motel...

Emily stoked the fire below the boiling pot of water. She stood up suddenly, she could feel something not right in the air. She quickly put the fire out and rushed outside.

Damon was sat on the step of the motel admiring the early morning, after the talk with his father he was taking time to reflect.

"Master Salvatore!" Emily rushed to him.

"Emily good heavens what is wrong with you?" he said standing up quickly.

Emily panted out of breath. "Master Salvatore, there is something not right, I can feel it in my bones. Vampires are around." Emily stammered.