Chapter 19: Graduation

[Shane's POV]

It's official. Today is the day we leave the hell hole that is... High School. Joey and I nearly made it. I ended up with a 93 GPA. He ended up with a 98 GPA, graduating today as Valedictorian. I'm so proud of him. I have a surprise for him, on stage, and the whole school knows, but him.

Joey knocked on my door in his gown.

Joey: Hey! Today's the day!!

Shane: I know! Are you nervous for you speech?

Joey: Extremely.

Shane: Hey, don't be. Remember what you told me when I spoke at Luke's funeral.

Joey: You're right.

Shane's Mom: You two look adorable! Let me take a picture with you two!

I could feel myself getting hot.

Shane: Moooom, please, you're embarrassing me!

Shane's Mom: Oh c'mon, one picture?

Joey: Yeah Shane, pleaaase?

He starred at me with that puppy dog face that he knows is my weakness.

Shane: Joeeey... Ugh fine.

Joey: Yay! Puppy dog face never fails!

Shane: Yeah... I see that.

We both laughed and my mom took a pic of us. After she took the picture, Nichole and Joey's Mom walked in as well.

Shane's Mom: Now one of you two kissing!

Shane: Mom!

Nichole: Ooh! I want this one!

I decided to give in. I took Joey and grabbed his waist and picked him up bridal style. He looked at me, and kissed me. Pretty soon, snaps of cameras could be heard from a mile away.

Shane: Alright, can we go now?

Shane's Mom: Yes, let's go.

We headed out all together, Joey and I hand in hand. I can't wait for the surprise.

[Joey's POV]

It's almost time for my speech. I'm super nervous. Shane was in the top 10, so he was in the same row as me. He kept mouthing "I love you" to me, which made me feel more confident.

Principal: Now it is my great pleasure to call up our Valedictorian for the class of 2015, Joey Graceffa.

Everyone was clapping for me as I walked up to the podium and shook the principal's hand. It was time for my speech... Let's hope it goes ok. I cleared my throat before I began to speak.

Joey: Friends, family, faculty and staff. Today is the day, a day in which we, the class of 2015 begin a new chapter of our lives. I was new to this school this year, but I've made so many new friends, memories, and I found the love of my life here.

It was a choir of "Awwwww"'s in the auditorium. I looked at Shane and he was blushing. I was a little too.

Joey: I'm going to make this short and sweet. We all might not know each other next year. That's how it usually is. But I know, deep in my heart, that we all have that special bond, and if we meet again, something good will come out of it. Thank you.

Everyone started clapping for me. I felt so professional in a way.

(Diploma time!)

Principal: Meghan Camerana

They begin to call names, in alphabetical order. They finally reach Shane's name.

Principal: Shane Dawson.

My family and his went nuts. I felt red and hot, I think he felt the same. It was a while. But they finally reached my name.

Principal: Joey Graceffa.

Once again, my family and his... Went nuts. After we all received out diplomas, our principal said

Principal: I now pronounce the class of 2015!

We all through our hats in the air with pure excitement.

Principal: But before you all leave, a student, Shane Dawson, has something for our Valedictorian.

Shane started waking to the podium. What was he up to?

Shane: Joey, please come here.

I walked towards him. He grabbed my hand

Shane: People, I am the love of Joey's life, and he's the love of mine.

I felt like crying years of joy, right there.

Shane: So I want to give you something.

He got down on one knee.

Shane: Joseph Michael Graceffa, will you marry me?

What?!

Joey: I.... I....

I ran out as fast as I could, leaving him there in disappointment.

____________________________________________________

Awe! Poor Shane!

What do you think Joey should do?

Let me know!

Social info:

Instagram: @saraplatekk

Twitter: @sara_platek

Leave a comment and give it a vote! 🌟

Love you all!

Good damn bye!!