The Tree

"Levi, can you go to the trees by that hill and get some firewood? I heard it's going to be chilly this evening." Levi's mother asked in her calm voice.

"Sure thing, Mother!" Levi said as he ran to the coat hanger to grab his sweater and a small scarf. He fixed up his tiny shirt as his mother kissed him. Before he knew it, he was gone.

"It's cold!" he huffed under his breath and slowly walked up the steep hill. He could see his own breath whenever he sighed or talked to himself. That's what he did whenever he was on his own; whether he enjoyed it or not.

When he reached the top, he stopped in his tracks. He heard someone crying. He never heard the voice before.

"Hello?" he called out.

"G-Go away!" the other person said. The voice sounded like a girl about his age.

"What's wrong?" he asked and looked around for the child.

"None of your damn business."

Levi gasped at the sound of a female swearing even though he was used to hearing profanity at home by his annoying neighbors. His mother always goes outside and tells them that Levi is only nine and he shouldn't learn such horrid words. "Girls aren't supposed to curse! Where's your class?" He said.

"Please leave!"

"No! I want to help!" he smiled at no one.

"If you want to help me, then bring my mommy back! S-She's gone!" the little kid finally showed herself and tried to calm down, but failed miserably.

It was a little girl. She had medium-length hair in a messy ponytail, brown eyes in huge glasses, and big, rosy cheeks probably from all the crying.

"What's your name?" Levi asked kindly.

"Hanji. Hanji Zoe." She sniffed.

"I'm Levi Ackerman" he said and took off his scarf and gave it to her.

"Thank you." She muttered.

"No problem, shouldn't we be getting home after we grab some wood?" Levi said and huddled her close in his arms.

Hanji gave him a faint smile and nodded. But still continued to cry.

"Don't cry," he said, "is your mom, you know.... dead?"

She nodded, "I found h-her body this morning. Dad is at work and he thought she was just sleeping."

"Where does he work?"

"He's a doctor. He left town. I don't know where he goes... I hope he didn't go outiside the w-wall."

"Don't be silly! Only the Scouts go outside the walls." Levi said, trying to cheer her up.

He didn't know where he was going with this. He was always so quiet and never talked. Usually he was rude, mostly around boys. But with girls, he at least tried to be a little nicer.

The Scouts were like little kids who venture outside the walls and play war. About 60 percent of them were devoured by the terrifying Titans, and the ones that come back alive were the ones who were "Legit Soldiers."

At least that's what his father told him.

Hey guys,
I recently joined the aot fandom and I ship levihan so much since its like a hint from being canon. So I chose to make a small fic.
Enjoy,
Nicole