030

__

__

AS SOON AS ZOLA, PERCY AND ANNABETH REACHED THE TOP OF HALF BLOOD HILL, Zola was bombarded by a crushing hug. 

"I missed you bitch", Zola heard Val say as she was being crushed.

"I missed you too but I'm actually going to be missing if you continue to squeeze the daylights out of me V", Zola winced. 

"Sorry..I want to hear about everything, miss a single detail and I will skin you capiche?", Val warned.

Zola couldn't even tell if she was joking or not, instead she just nodded slowly.

"Good", Val said. "Percy", she acknowledged with a smirk. 

"Hey Valentina".

"Annabeth", Val greeted politely.

"Hey", Annabeth responded.

"We've got to go meet Chiron now but as soon as we are done you can skin Lopez here, as much as you want".

"Hey you're supposed to be on my side Jackson", Zola complained.

"Since when", Percy joked.

"Always", Zola said at the same time Annabeth mumbled, "Never".

It was silent for a moment then, Val broke it off with a small "awkward" before scamping off to whatever hole she came from. 

"Alright let's go meet Chiron", Percy said and they all headed off to the Big House. 

__

After greeting all the campers, they sat around the big table, hot chocolate and toasted cheese sandwiches in hand as they recounted the important parts of their quest to some of the other senior campers. 

Clarisse who sat beside Zola around the table seemed to be in bad shape from her mystery mission with a jagged scar running down her chin and her brown hair cut short and ragged. 

"Is everything okay?", Zola asked her half-sister quietly. 

Clarisse shook her head before mumbling loudly, "I've got news. Bad news".

This caused Percy who was seated opposite them to questioningly look towards Clarisse which Zola was already doing. 

I'll fill you both in later", Chiron said with forced cheerfulness. "The important thing is that you both have prevailed. And saved Annabeth!"

Annabeth turned towards Percy with a grateful smile, to which he forcibly smiled at before he turned away.

"Luke is alive," Percy said. "Annabeth was right."

Annabeth sat up. "How do you know?"

An annoyed look passed through Percy's face for a moment before he recounted the details about what his father told him about the 'Princess Andromeda'.