Part 13

*EDITED*

Kushi was mad at Arnav for lying to her. She believed him and trusted him and how did he dare to lie to her. What was with that Helen? How come she knew Arnav before itself? Is he hiding something from me which Shaina too doesn’t know? No, how could she blame him. Even he won’t be knowing all these. Yes, she wanted to convey all these with him. But some part of her was saying that he knew somethings about the sisters.

Kushi called him to return to her place that she wanted to talk something important. Arnav took a ‘U’ turn and stopped at Kushi’s house entrance and gave her a call to come out. Kushi sat behind him and ask him to start the bike. Without knowing the destination, he was riding in a straight road. He saw Kushi’s face emotionless.

Arnav: Kushi, where are we going?

Kushi: Just like that. Stop where I said you to stop. Take a left turn.

After five minutes,
Kushi: Stop.

They stopped a beach. As it was an evening time, they were little crowd but they both managed to go a little far in search of a quiet place. Kushi wanted to say him whatever she found but again she herself stopped. Something stopped her.

Arnav: Why so suddenly?

Kushi: No, I felt something heavy in my heart, that’s why.

Arnav understood something is bothering her and he didn’t nudge her. Kushi thought that he would ask her something but he didn’t. Unknowingly, she felt different for him the very first time and she somehow understood that for the first time. She saw how calm and serene his face was. She was comparing the Arnav who was in college and the one in front of her. His qualities didn’t change-the respect, the responsibilities and the only thing which changed was he grew into a handsome man, a MAN. His beard had been neatly trimmed and his hair - perfect for him. She was admiring the way she hadn’t done until now. She had checked him out once, but now she admired him with a different feel. She didn’t know how did this feeling came into her. Arnav who saw her starring at him, felt embarrassed and this time he was blushing.

Arnav: Kushi?

Kushi: Eh?

Arnav: What are you doing?

Kushi: Me? Why?

Arnav: Why are you checking me out?

Kushi: No, I didn’t.

Arnav gave her a frowning face.

Kushi: How long did you know that they are sisters.

Arnav(mind): Oh! So, madam was thinking of the sisters.

Arnav: Few days back, and you don’t worry. Nothing is to be worried.

Kushi nodded her head and turned away so that she shouldn’t let her admire him. these new feelings were hard to control. They were new for her. 

After a few minutes, a police-man came to them.

Police: What are you doing, here? Get up, you couples have no other place to go?

Arnav: No, sir. We are not couples

Police: Then? Siblings?

Kushi: No, sir.

Police: Don’t try to fool me. I know you are couples. Disgusting people. Kids and elders are here, how could you? Get up and go away.

Arnav held Kushi’s hand and got up from that place. Before going, Arnav turned to the police officer and said,

Arnav: Don’t conclude before you know what’s happening.

Kushi: Let’s go, come Arnav

Police: Then say and go, who is she to you?

Police said to Arnav was dragged by Kushi.

Arnav (turned while dragged by Kushi): Why should I say to you?

Police: Then accept that you are couple

Kushi (anger): Yes, we are couples. But what did you see that much that we gave a bad impression on elders! Did we kiss, or romance or say, what did you see?

This time Arnav pulled her and closed her mouth. This was the first-time seeing Kushi’s outburst. She was always the silent girl who laughs and talks only when needed and not the crazy one like Ragini. But then Arnav remembered something. He saw Kushi was with an angered face waiting for Arnav to take the bike.

Arnav: What was that, Kushi?

Kushi: What? How dare he to shout at you? I just hate him.

Arnav: I am scared by this side of yours. In college, you have been angered but this outburst?

Kushi: Of course, but why are you frightened.

Arnav: It will be me who will handle you after our marriage, after all, we are couples.

Kushi looked everywhere but Arnav. Arnav laughed at the beautiful sight. HIS Kushi’s face was red, flushed by blood. But hearing him laughing louder, Kushi got angered again and said on the flow.

Kushi: So, can’t you manage me? You tolerated my anger during college days but why can’t you tolerate after marriage?

Arnav was shocked, his eyes may come out any time. He knew Kushi was always cautious with her words. But where is that Kushi?

Kushi realised what she spoke and she wanted to manipulate her words.

Kushi: I mean my future husband.

Arnav caught her being embarrassed and played with her.

Arnav: So, you said me! You pointed out to me and does that mean I am your future husband.

Kushi was stuck with words. How careless she was.

Kushi (mind): What happened to me? Why am I behaving like this all of a sudden?
Kushi just then saw Helen and Shaina. Already she was angered but seeing them made her rise in hot temperature. More than on Shaina, she was angry on Helen. How dare she to love HER Arnav? Kushi wanted to do something, she did all these for Shaina but now she will do it for Helen.

Kushi(mind): But why am I doing this?

Other half: you like him.

Mind: No, I am just doing this to save Arnav

Other half: Why? What if Arnav loves Helen?

Mind: No, he chooses best

Other half: Like you?

Mind: I don’t know but I will not let her come near my Arnav.

Kushi was internally fighting with herself. Meanwhile,

Arnav: Kushi, I was just playing. Am sorry.

Kushi(seeing Helen with a smirk): No, baby. Here, I feel peace and at the office, it’s so suffocating. Let’s enjoy. Ah! Arnav, my eyes are burning, I think something went inside, can you blow?

Arnav(stammered): O… ok… okay.

When Arnav was blowing in her eyes, it seems like they were kissing to Helen and Shaina. The two frustrated sisters went away and then Kushi spoke,

Kushi: Okay, it’s gone. Now, drop me and thank you.

Arnav didn’t speak to her anything and started the bike and left her at her place and went.

Kushi went inside thinking about the incident.

Kushi(mind): What have I done? I am provoking his feelings. But why was I jealous. Jealous? Me? Was I? Oh god! Help me not to fall for MY man, chi chi, that man.

Kushi went in thinking all these but the sight in front of her made her smirk. She saw Helen and Shaina talking something seriously. Their faces show that they were disappointed.

Kushi: Oh god! It’s too hot. I miss him and his kiss. How cute he is. Oh my Gosh! Was I that audible? I am sorry but couldn’t help, this was our first kiss. So, I just came in a flow. I can still feel his lips on me.

Kushi ran inside her room with a blushing face. Helen and Shaina were highly angered.

Again, Helen lost her anger and scolded Shaina for not bringing to love her. She went out and said to herself she will see to him later.

That night Arnav didn’t get any sleep, he saw her different nature. Her face so close like the first day, her fight for him-the couple, the babe. He was confused at her double nature. Was Shaina there? I should find out, otherwise she wouldn’t have behaved like that.

Suddenly happiness was all over his face, thinking how Kushi fought and her words. Arnav messaged Ragini,

Arnav: Kushi said that we are couples.

Ragini(instantly): I know that had happened surely for some lame reason and that’s not the true words.

Arnav: You are a sadist. Won’t you take a positive side for my sake?

Ragini: Never, now get lost, My Laksh will call me now. Don’t disturb me.

Arnav: You get lost.

The other side, Kushi after entering the room she was standing numb with her own actions. She had a doubt whether she likes him. She took her phone and messaged him but then deleted and again did and then deleted. She didn’t know what to message him. She kept the aside and was rolling over the bed thinking whether she has fallen in love with him or not. She has to confirm it. But how? Could it be an infatuation? She called Arnav and he took her call instantly and said sorry for not responding her properly.
Kushi smiled at his small gesture and started to talk about Ragu as she didn’t know what to talk. They were talking about Ragini’s marriage. Kushi was talking with him with a full big smile and blushing face without a reason. She wanted to know whether she loves him or just attracted towards him. The other side of her blames her for provoking his inner feelings. She felt bad of that thought but she then neglected that thought and talked with him for hours. Arnav felt different with her behaviour that why she was talking the whole midnight. But then, he thought that it could be that Shaina was watching. But little did he know that Shaina was in deep slumber.

***SMASH THE VOTE BUTTON***

To be continued…
--------------------------------------------------------
DATED: 05-12-2020
Yours,
Lily.