Part 16

It was the day of Ragini's marriage. Including the bride, all were at the hotel. The bride was given separate room for dressing. Before her dressing, she pleased her father to see her friends. And finally, her father agreed. She was so happy to see her friends after so many years especially Arnav. All were sitting in the balcony having gala time. She then met Kushi who seems to be lost somewhere.

Ragini then took Kushi with her to the dressing room. Her makeup artist arrived and Kushi was least bothered in helping her as something was going in her mind. Seeing her lost, Ragini tried to solve her puzzle.

Ragini: Kushi, are you alright?

Kushi: Yes, Ragu. Why?

Ragu: You seem lost somewhere.

Kushi: No... Nothing.

Ragu: I know things are not like before.

Kushi: What do you mean?

Ragu: We are not close now like we were in our college days.

Kushi: Oh! Ragu. Don't think like that. It's just we were busy in our own life but our bond hasn't been changed.

Ragu: Then promise this wedding bride one thing

Kushi laughed at her and said: Anything for you, would-be bride.

Ragu: What's bothering you?

Kushi: No, I am fine.

Ragu: I am not blind, okay? Say me.

After a lot of struggle, Kushi agreed and said

Kushi: Ragu, it's about Arnav.

Ragu: I thought. That duffer. I will see to him. Tell me what's the matter.

Kushi: No, no wrong happened. Our friends everyone know that Arnav had a crush on me.

Ragu: So?

Kushi said her how she changed into a bit bold and how she met Arnav and the incidents and everything happened in the office till yesterday night.

Ragu felt that Kushi started to like him from the way she was conveying things about him but she waited.

Kushi: Say something

Ragu: What should I say?

Kushi glared and Ragu chuckled.

Ragu: What do you want me to say that you love him?

Kushi: What? Am I? No, never.

Ragu: Then what do you want me to say?

Kushi: I don't know that something is off in me. I am not able to be myself. I, sometimes, black out.

Ragu: I am not going to ask you to close your eyes and ask who is in front of you but just think from your heart. Only you know about your feelings towards him. I don't believe in love completely but if you believe, don't ignore. I have seen people saying they are in love but then separates and also the people who stays together as promised.

Kushi: Ragu, I...

Ragu: I know. Arnav is my dearest friend. I definitely know that he still loves you. JUST ASK HIM ONCE MORE whether he loves you and you will surely find your answer. You failed to notice. If you love and accept him, he will surely be happy and will make your life happy.

Kushi: How are your saying that he loves me?

Ragu: He said me everything about you. if we spoke, he would speak all the minutes about you till now.

Kushi: But why didn't you say you knew everything already?

Ragu: Kushi, I felt that you would be angry on him for sharing about you with me like in our college days but I said now.

Kushi: So, you people are frightened of me?

Ragu: We are if it is about you

Kushi laughed.

Ragu: Now stop laughing, you just go and think whether you love him or not and then ASK THE QUESTION. Now go out I need to change.

Kushi simply nodded and hugged her and went.

Kushi went outside and her eyes caught Arnav. Every time, he looks so special in her eyes. She was battling in her mind whether to ask him the question again or not. But she had greater battle going on whether she is in love with him or not. She joined her gang. After many long years, her friends made fun of her and Arnav and regained all their college memories. But this time, rather than getting angry, she felt damn good at their teasing. Arnav was afraid what reaction could she give but was surprised to see her calm and this made their friends make fun of them more along with a new information that they are officemates.

Arnav admired her from far when she came out of the dressing room. She was all set to attend Ragu's marriage. She looked... No words to describe her beauty. Even her heart is always pure and beautiful. When he saw her searching, he knew she was searching for them but he didn't know her eyes were searching for HIM. At once, he acted coolly like he was engaged in their gang's talk. He was shocked as he saw her calm at their teasing. He thought that she was not childish anymore but little did he know that she was loving their teasing. At times, he felt Kushi's eyes on him but when he sees her, she seems to see somewhere else. Maybe he was daydreaming but that's not true.

After two hours, the marriage got completed and they had their ever-tasty meal. The friends all planned to go to beach. They consoled Ragu that they would all go some other day with her newly wedded husband. All this time, Kushi was thinking whether she loves him or not and whether to ask him the question.

Kushi(mind): Should I ask him the question? No, I have to answer myself first? Do I really love him? But how to find? I like him bur love?

Arnav: Come, let's go. What are you thinking? You seem lost the whole day. Ragu said that you are confused over something. Tell me, I will help you?

Kushi: What!... Did she tell you really like that?

Arnav: Yes, and she asked me to help you.

Kushi: No, I will help myself.

Arnav: Oh! Come on, Kushi. We are friends. You said to Ragu and you didn't want to share with me?

Kushi(mind): How could I say when it is about you? You are the puzzle that confuses me.

Arnav: Kushi, again you are lost.

Kushi: Nothing, really.

Arnav: Okay fine, I will deal with you in the train. No, come let's go.

Arnav forcefully pulled her to the van. She was shocked. Yes, as she had to answer him in the train. She couldn't simply avoid him. Even if Ragu wouldn't have said him, he would have found out all by himself as he loves her. All these were running in her mind but stuck at one point, 'how can she believe that he loves her but she cannot find out whether she loves him or not'. Her sole problem is that she didn't know how to define love.

Later, she was occupied by her friends and she had great time. But she didn't forget about Arnav and she saw how he was looking... no... glancing at her time to time. Was this love? She saw how he cared for her when she fell down during the game. Or this is love? And when he shared her with his food. Or this is love? She was so confused with the term 'love'.

Let's see what Kushi decided!!!

SMASH THE VOTE BUTTON

To be continued...

--------------------------------------------------------

DATED: 09-12-2020

Yours,

Lily.