Part 15

*EDITED*

At midnight, she got up from her mid-sleep and turned to go to washroom but stopped at her actions when she noticed Arnav sleeping. She lied down again staring at his face.

Kushi(mind): How peaceful he looks.

She admired his hairs falling on her forehead, his calm smile. But she couldn’t stare at him any more as she felt the urgency to go to washroom. In the process of getting down the bed, she hit her head which made Arnav wake up. Before he could ask her, she held her hand over her head and walked fast. Seeing that, Arnav thought she is into some problem and he followed her but sighed seeing her getting inside the restroom. He stood by the entrance door watching the moon waiting for her.

Kushi came out and saw him standing.

Kushi: Did I wake you up?

Arnav nodded his head yawning.

Kushi: Sorry, but why did you come here?

Arnav: Are you mad? It is not safe for you to come alone at this hour. You should have woke me up.

Kushi: I am not that timid Kushi.

Arnav: I know, but too. I was worried seeing you rushing somewhere.

Kushi was embarrassed.

Arnav: I can understand but too next time, wake me up.
Kushi nodded.

Arnav: Okay, now come let’s sleep.

Kushi: No, I am not feeling sleepy, you go.

Arnav: Then let’s talk here

Kushi: But

Arnav: Shh,

Arnav kept his fingers on her mouth to shut her but eventually they were locked up in a beautiful eye lock. Slowly, he removed his finger from her mouth.

Arnav: Am sorry.

Kushi smiled shyly but he didn’t notice.

They randomly and at some point,

Arnav: I didn’t think I would travel with my crush like this, late nights talks.

He smiled bowing his head down and scratching his head.

Kushi: Even I didn’t think. So, how come I became your crush?

Arnav: I don’t know when that spark happened. It’s so hard to explain.

Kushi was awestruck to see his face sparkling at the mention of her.

Kushi: That’s so deep.

Arnav: It is

Kushi: When did exactly I became your crush?

Arnav: Really, I don’t’ know Kushi. Suddenly, one day, you seemed like an angel to me. Your smile became my happiness. I would always find a way to talk but you were too timid in real than in chat. You know I should thank Sheena for this wonderful Butterfly effect.

Kushi: Butterfly effect?

Arnav blushed at her as he didn’t know how to explain his love but he did.

Arnav: If she hadn’t started to troll me and create a group for me, I wouldn’t have known you and I wouldn’t have chatted with you, I wouldn’t have become friend with you, I wouldn’t have had crush on you. I wouldn’t have admired you, I wouldn’t have known you here but just as my colleague, I wouldn’t have had a journey with you having this beautiful moment, I wouldn’t have had this amazing opportunity to share my feelings about the girl I love to the same girl. This is butterfly effect. If she hadn’t created that group, we don’t have known each other.

Kushi didn’t know what to say, he saw his love for her in his eyes. Her eyes glistened with tears but she herself don’t know for what it came out. She muttered a thank you and wiped her tears.

Arnav: Why are you crying, did I say wrong? I know I should not have felt for you but I couldn’t stop myself. Am sorry, Kushi. I don’t love you anymore. Don’t worry.

Kushi looked at him with wide shock, her ears which stopped came back once again.

Kushi: Really? You don’t love me anymore?

Arnav looked away and said: Y… yes, Kushi. You don’t have to worry.

Kushi: But you said, you thank Sheena for this butterfly effect and what is that all?

Arnav: You asked for it and I said how I felt when I was in my college days.

Kushi couldn’t find out why she felt her heart was internally paining. But at the same time, Arnav felt a pang in his heart when he uttered that he doesn’t love her anymore. But he knew that there is no chance of their togetherness. Though Kushi thought she has no love for him, her heart pained hearing those words. She wiped her tears once again and asked.

Kushi: This butterfly effect would have happened some other way, right?

Arnav: Or may not be. But I happened, so that is my butterfly effect for my love story.

Kushi: Love? I was only your crush, wasn’t I?

Arnav: I too thought the same but as days gone by, I felt that I love you and not crush you.

Kushi: How did you get over it?

Arnav: Time heals.

Kushi: Really did you get away your feelings for me?

Arnav: Wh… why? Why are you asking me this?

Kushi: Seems yours actions are not like you say

Arnav: What?

Kushi: Yes, the way you take care of me and the way…

Arnav: It is out of friendship and humanity.

Kushi: I don’t think so.

Arnav: Kushi, what happened? Do you want me to love you?

Kushi: Yes, I mean n… no….

Arnav: Leave it. Tell me about your love life.

Kushi: What question is this? I am not into these things.

Arnav: Not even a crush?

Kushi: No

Arnav: Not even a sight?

Kushi: No

Arnav: Over celebrity?

Kushi: I don’t know

Arnav: You are very boring, Kushi.

Kushi: And what about you?

Arnav (on the flow): It’s always you.

Kushi looked at him with shock and he too hit his head imaginarily on the wall.

Arnav: I mean, it WAS you. and after that, I was always into work. Now, let’s sleep and you too should sleep.

Kushi nodded silently behind him and before going to bed, she turned to him and saw him. both starred at each other and silently went to their bed. This time, Arnav turned and slept and Kushi starred at his back longing for his one look. Sleep were far from their eyes. Arnav couldn’t ably to face her after saying his feelings to her. But he felt light-weighted after saying his feelings which he had it in his heart for many long years. He definitely wanted to say this to Ragini but he thought he shouldn’t as she will be busy in her function.

After few hours, Arnav got up from his sleep and turned to see his lady love starring at him. He was shocked.

Arnav: Kushi, you didn’t sleep?

Kushi: N... no, I just woke up. I thought of waking you as we will reach the station within 10 minutes.

Arnav: Okay. Come

Kushi(mind): How could he be so normal after our talk.

Kushi and Arnav got up, took their bags and after 10 minutes, they got down. When Arnav conveyed his departure to Ragini, she said Kushi to take him to the hotel she has reserved for friends. Kushi took an auto to the hotel Ragini has reserved for friends. After leaving,

Arnav: Tell your mother, I will come to see her before returning.

Kushi just nodded her head and wished Ragini and was going to go out but Arnav called him.

Arnav: Kushi, are you okay?

Kushi: Why?

Arnav: No, you seem to be dull.

Kushi: No, am tired.

Arnav: Our friends will arrive, so you too come soon.

Kushi: Who all?

Arnav: I didn’t know. I thought it’s only me and you but seems she has called for a ger together. And she said me just now.

Kushi: Okay, I will come as soon as possible. Bye.

Arnav: Take care and thank you for your help.

Kushi went but Arnav knew that something was bothering her. But later on, he shrugged away those thoughts and was happy that he felt like he was on a vacation after long years. No work, no Helen, no Shaina, no project, nothing.

SMASH THE VOTE BUTTON

To be continued…
--------------------------------------------------------
DATED: 08-12-2020
Yours,
Lily.