Part 21

Kushi was sitting near a tree alone, crying for losing her love. She blamed herself. She was thinking of all the incidents when she felt a hand on her. She stood up at once and her tears came out and she hugged the person.

Kushi: I thought you won’t come.

Arnav too hugged her back. Yes, it was Arnav.

Arnav: Okay, okay. Now what happened? I was little late.

Kushi moved away from him and asked.

Kushi: Little late? Do you know how long I have been waiting for you.

She knocked his head.

Arnav: Ouch! Too bad.

Kushi: I should have killed you but I have no heart.

Arnav pulled her closer by her waist and asked her whispering in her ears.

Arnav: Yes, your heart is with me.

Hearing this, Kushi’s eyes shot up and she kept on wriggling in his arms.

Kushi: Wh… what are you saying? Lea… leave me.

Arnav: No, I won’t and never.

Kushi’s cheeks are heated and now both of them are feeling damn hot. Though Arnav is trying to be normal but his face was sweating like before.

Kushi looked at his face again and then noticed he was sweating and she started to laugh.
Confused Arnav,

Arnav: Why are you laughing?

Kushi: You are sweating.

Arnav was embarrassed but said: Yes. What can I do? I still am afraid to hold you like this.

Kushi: Then from where you got that confidence?

Arnav: Like how you are prepared to propose me.

Kushi stopped laughing and looked at him with utter shock.

Kushi: How did you know?

Arnav: First you say what you want to say.

Kushi: How can I? Boys should be first.

Arnav: But usually its “Ladies first”, right?

Kushi: No, h…ow can… I?

Arnav: But anyways you were going to propose me, right?

Kushi: But you were not on time so I won’t. And you also knew what I will be going to say.

Arnav moved his face closer and held her tightly in his arms. Looked straight into her eyes and said.

Arnav: I wanted to hear from you. I have waited long enough for this moment.

Kushi didn’t say anything but she too looked deeply in his eyes. She could feel the warmth and love for her from his words, his eagerness to hear from her. But she said,

Kushi: I…

Arnav’s face lit with happiness.

Kushi: I am sorry.

Arnav’s face lost the color but asked confusingly.

Arnav: Why are you sorry?

Kushi: If I had said the day when Ragu said me to say, we wouldn’t have been between such misunderstandings.

Arnav: Kushi, let’s forget everything and now don’t delay anything and come one, say me.

Kushi hugged him and wept in his shirt.