Chapter 8: Escape From Tatooine

"Thank the force we got off that planet."
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

" Master."

"Anakin!"

"Skywalker."

"Master!"

I groaned as my eyes began to slowly flutter open.

The bright hues of the burning sun stung my eyes when I managed to get them to open fully.

Everyone looked down at me, weak smiles pulling their cracked lips.

" Master!" Ashoka exclaimed.

" Quiet back there!" A deep, hoarse voice yelled.

And everything came flooding back. Watto had betrayed me and we were on our way to some horrid place. Most likely to be sold into slavery.

And for me, it's the second time.

Chains rattled and chafed my wrists and ankles as I tried to push myself up.

However, the drug they pumped into my system through the dart had some lingering effects. My muscles were still weak and felt like jelly.

" A little help here would be great." I snapped at Ashoka.

" Okay don't need to get all snippy." She rolled her eyes and scooted over to me.

She wrapped her hands around my biceps. Her jaw tightened as she pulled me up into a sitting position.

The mechanism of the chains yanked the chain wrapped around her neck sending her flying back to her original position. A hiss of pain whistling through her clenched teeth.

This action made the chains around all of our wrists chaff even more.

" Snips!" I cried in concern.

She groaned in pain as she pulled herself up with the help of the metal bars of our cage.

" I'm okay." She gave a small smile.

I looked out at the vast wastelands of sand surrounding us for miles and miles.

I looked down at the chains that held us together.

Say what you want about slavers but they really know how to tie people up.

They made a complicated link of chains that connected all of us together. It went down the side of the cart and linked under us like a cruel spiderweb.

I tried to gaze upon our captors however their faces were obscured with sand coloured masks.

" How long was I out?" I asked.

" Only a few hours. Three at the most." Obi-wan replied.

" Where are we going?" Ashoka asked.

The cart came to a shuddering halt slamming all of us against the bars.

One of the captors-the leader I assume based on how the others look down as he walks towards us- comes towards me. His black eyes glare into my blue eyes with anger and hatred.

" I said shut up!" He yelled, large droplets of spit flew damped his mask.

Being in a situation like this before I know that the only thing to do is to do as your captor says and shut up.

However, Ashoka does not know this. So being her typical self she presses her face against the bars.

" I'll shut up only if you tell us where we are going."