Drugs & Candy (Jack Barakat)

Started June of 2017

POV: Valentina Pines Barakat

"Do you, Valentina Maria Pines, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

"And do you, Jack Bassam Barakat, take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do." His smile lit up the room. It always brightened my mood, but I doubted that it could go any brighter. It was the best night of my life. I married the man I loved. It was fantastic. The year was 2011. November Nineteenth, 2011. It was wonderful.

"You may now kiss the bride." Jack looked at me, his grin the biggest I had ever seen it. His chocolate eyes that I loved so much were shining at me brightly with so much love. I knew that I loved him more than life itself. (Derek. Cough Cough. I'll Die When I Want To Reference. Go read it. It's on my profile. It's Remington Leith and it's better than this.)

"You look beautiful." He said softly before quickly smashing his lips to mine. He kissed me so passionately. I kissed back without any hesitation or thought other than how much I loved him.

I didn't know what a dark path he would pull me down.

POV: Valentina Pines Barakat

March 7, 2016

It had been a year. One entire year since we signed the papers. One exact year since we signed the papers that would make our marriage null and void. One slip of paper that would make every bit of four years of marriage worth nothing. I twisted the ring that I held in my hand as I grabbed the door handle and pulled it open. He was already here.

"Valentina!" I was greeted by Alex, his voice holding a friendly tone to it. I smiled and him and hugged him tightly.

"Hi, Alex." I greeted back, relaxing in his embrace. He moved so I was able to see the man who I both loved and hated seated at the table, sipping on lemonade. I scoffed and sat down next to Alex in the booth. "Jack," I said curtly. His straw made an empty sucking sound as he emptied his cup.

He had changed a lot since our wedding day. His hair was much shorter, with his streak being whiter than blonde. He had lost weight and had changed his style. I couldn't say the same for his damned striped shirt that he refused to stop wearing on stage since the beginning of the year.

We both had changed. My formerly colored hair was back to its original shade of black, I had stopped drinking, and I had a more mature style and air about me. Unfortunately, I was still five foot five, and not getting any taller. The waitress walked over to us, asking for my order and bringing Jack another lemonade.

"Surprised you aren't already drinking alcohol. It is twelve forty-seven, after all." I said, still playing with my ring. He set down his drink and folded his hands, finally really looking at me.

June 18, 2009

"What color?" The man next to me leaned over to ask. He had the most charming grin and I had fallen already.

"I was thinking blue," I told him, holding out the color to him. He nodded in agreement with my choice of hair color highlights.

"Nice. I'm Jack." He said, holding out his hand to me.

"Valentina. Nice to meet you." I shook his hand, smiling.

"So, do you have your ring?" Jack asked, twisting his gold ring in his hands. I held out my hand that contained the ring before dropping it on the table. He sighed, picking it up and handing me his ring. I slipped it on my right ring finger while he placed mine on a chain before clasping the chain behind his neck. "Thank you." He said, trying to get my eyes to meet his. I didn't want to. I couldn't.