Throw My Thoughts Into The Sea (Ghost Town)

(Throw My Thoughts Into the Sea, Kev Ghost. Started: April 29, 2017)

PROLOGUE:

Third Person Choices

Kevin. Kevin. Kevin. That was the only thought she could process as she sprinted to the bridge. She couldn't be too late. She had just read the beginning of the note. She couldn't be too late. She had to be right on time. She knew him. She knew Kevin too well. She knew where he would be. The pouring down rain didn't slow the steady beating of her Converse on the wet pavement or the rapid heartbeat in her chest, pounding blood into her ears. She couldn't be too late.

She approached the bridge finally. She saw the tall shadow of him. Of Kevin: The person who knew her best no matter what. The person she had to hold onto and the person who gripped her, even without her noticing. She knew what to do before anything.

She reached him, her feet drowned out by the pouring rain. She quickly reached up and grabbed her best friend's waist, yanking him down before he could respond. The two of them tumbled down onto the ground, resulting in her hitting her head on the curb. That didn't make her let go of him. She quickly moved out from under him and sat on top of his waist to keep him down. She drowned out the sound of his screams for her to get off of him and let him go as she grabbed her phone and dialed 911.

"911, what's your emergency?" The man on the other end of the phone asked.

"I'm at the bridge off of Red Rose Lane. I need somebody now. My best friend tried to jump." She told the man quickly, talking above the storm and above Kevin's screaming.

"I'll send an ambulance immediately. Ma'am, what's your name?" The man asked her calmly.

"Aletta. My name is Aletta Ripley."

CHAPTERS 1-3

Third Person Choices

Aletta sat outside the emergency room where they had brought Kevin, her knees to her chest. She sat rubbing the note he had left her. She didn't read past the third line the entire time. It was too much. It said about how he couldn't handle not being able to truly speak his mind, that he felt trapped in his own mind. It was too much for her to read.

"Al..." The girl's head shot up once she heard a familiar voice say her name pass the lips of Kevin's friend, Manny. He crossed the room and sat next to her on the vacant end of the couch before pulling her closer to him, kissing the top of her head gently. She just sat there numb. She felt responsible. She was Kevin's best friend. She was supposed to look out for him. It was her fault.

"Manny! Aletta!" Aletta's attention zoned back to the present and not to her failure when Alix and Evan arrived. The two sat in the chairs next to the couch. "'Letta, have you heard anything?" The young woman shook her head slowly at Alix's question, everything bouncing off her head instead of sinking in. A moment later, a doctor with salt and pepper hair crossed the room from the brown double doors that led back to his patients.

"Miss. Ripley?" He asked, standing over the seated group of friends. The youngest of them looked up at the tall man in a pure white lab coat in response to hearing her name. Everything around her was stark white. It was too overpowering, just like the smell of chemicals and latex, just like the fake friendliness of many of the nurses' smiles as they passed. "Kevin wouldn't calm down, so we were forced to sedate him and restrain him. You're listed as his medical power of attorney if he is considered unfit to make his own decisions." The doctor explained. He knelt down in front of the blonde-haired girl, her steely eyes staring at him as he did so, pulling his pants up around the knees to provide more movement. "You realize what that means, don't you?"