BETRAYAL! (Brynne P.O.V)

~Edited~

A/N: Nikita and Sheela were "passed out" but really, they were sleeping in the carriage and that is when they talked to Aru.

No one was doing well here. 

And by that, I meant no one. 

Aiden wasn't taking photos of anything. Mini stopped talking about her weird ways to die. (Though she was talking about it a lot earlier. Guess she finished all of them.) Rudy wasn't making rude remarks. Nikita wasn't sassing. Sheela was.. well.. unreadable. And I am SO HUNGRY. Seriously, I need food.  

Hanuman and Urvashi had come with a carriage. We explained to them the situation. They were shocked but knew that Aru was still alive. Thank goodness they agreed. But there were more people to convince. 

They took us to the Opal. Yes, the one who was put in charge. The one that was like an older Nikita with more attitude than she already has. 

When we arrived, we already knew we would have no mercy. Going on an unapproved mission. 1. Losing a Pandava. 2. Maybe giving the enemy a bigger chance of winning. 3 points for disaster. 

This time, Queen Uloopi (yes, that one), was there too, looking mad at us but to Aru, it would've looked like pity. Maybe it was because she liked Aru for being Arjuna's reincarnation. Either way, she was mad. When we reached Opal, she sneered/growled/whispered "Get in" sternly. Even I was terrified. 

"Take a seat," she said in the same sneering/growling/whispering stern voice. Then she slammed her hands on the desk. 

"YOU  WENT ON A UNAPPROVED MISSION, FAILED TO DEFEAT THE SLEEPER JUST A LITTLE, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, YOU LOST A PANDAVA." It was scary just to listen to. Aiden and Rudy flinched, Mini looked like she was about to burst out into tears, and the twins looked like they were up to something. Queen Uloopi pushed her back down and took a breath.

"YOU LOST THE ONLY REINCARNATION OF MY HUSBAND, THAT WAS ACTUALLY KINDA CLEVER, TO THE VILLAIN!" she screeched. Clever? Did she call Aru clever? If we ever see Aru again, I am totally telling. 

If we do...

"The only choice we have now is to find the new incarnation of Arjuna," said Queen Uloopi, sighing. 

"But she's not dead!" the twins said in unison. Opal looked up. 

"How can you prove it?" she said. Sheela picked off a bead from her hair and held it in the middle of her palm. A holograph appeared. 

Nikita and Sheela stood there, their fingers on the sides of their heads, as if trying to connect to someone, Aru would say. They opened their eyes. 

"Aru?" they said in unison. Aru had appeared into the image. 

"Guys," Aru said, standing there. They rushed to her and hugged her.

"Aru."

"We missed you so much."

"Mini's having trouble controlling her 'you can die this way' thing."

"Brynne is really hungry."

"Rudy isn't remarking rude thing, which is kind of a good thing."

"And Aiden-" They took a step back.

"He's a wreck."

"A mess."

"Miserable."

"It's terrifying." The two said in unison. Aiden looked like he was going to breathe fire and burn the twins. 

"What has been happening there?" Sheela asked.

"Well... I met the Sleeper. And his daughters. Th-" The ground shook interrupting Aru.

"Someone's trying to destroy the dream," said Nikita frantically. Aru collapsed on the ground and was engulfed in purple smoke. 

The holograph disappeared and I could see the shocked faces of Opal and Uloopi. 

"Sh-She's not dead," whispered Uloopi. 

"She's alive," said Aiden. He wasn't really the first one to speak up. 

"And she said something about the Sleeper and his daughters?" I asked them. They nodded. 

"We couldn't get enough information. Aru disappeared before we could ask any morequestions." Sheela said disappointingly. 

"Mini, are you going to say something?" asked Nikita, in a very annoying way. 

"Hey, let her talk if she wan-," I said, but Mini cut me off. 

"We need to go to the Sleeper's house and get Aru back," she said, with a tone of confidence I had never seen before. Then she turned to Hanuman and Urvashi, who was standing behind us. 

"We have to get her back, please, let us do this." she pleaded. Urvashi looked at Hanuman and Hanuman looked to the ground. He leveled his chin and nodded. Hope sparked throughout the room. 

"But you must first...tell Indra," he said. Indra? How was he going to have time for us?

"You know where he lives, take the carriage there." Mini nodded and rushed outside. We just stood there. Then she popped back in. 

"COME ON GUYS!" she said.

We hustled into the car and the carriage immediately took us to Indra's palace. It was adorned with statues, most symbolizing thunderclouds and other forms of weather. A woman stood at the door, with a scroll in her hand, furiously scribbling something down. She looked up and saw us, and looked at Aiden for a fraction too long. 

Then she gasped. 

"What would the Pandavas be doing here?" she whispered, most likely asking herself. My stomach grumbled and Aiden waved a protein bar and I snatched it from him, taking an aggressive bite. The woman looked at me and my hangry stomach. 

"Where is Arundathi Shah?" she asked, and everyone's face faltered, including mines. 

"That's what we're here for. We need to see Indra," said Mini, clear, but her voice cracked in the middle. 

She looked back at her checklist. 

"Well, I guess I can make an exception. Come along." And she walked down the long halls. They were filled with portraits of Indra. Most of them were of him sitting on a majestic horse, others of him in the sky, summoning a storm. 

"Right this way." said the lady, interrupting our thoughts. The walls grew taller and the hallways wider. At the very end, a huge pair of golden doors that seemed like they were made from gold sat there as if saying 'Can someone oil me?'. They were right. When the lady opened the door, they creaked so loud that people 30 feet away would have to shut their ears. We took a step inside. 

Imagine the CEO room in Boss Baby, because that's basically what it was. 

And in the middle of the room, was the king of the gods himself, Indra.