Chapter 5

I waited forever for my mom and stepdad to get downstairs. Once they did I saw a hurt expression on her face I instantly frowned. Then I saw Erik, he looked really mad. I tried to ignore everything and hurry and finish eating so I can go to bed.

When I was done eating I put my plate in the sink and went up to my room. I decided to write in my song book. I started to get tired and school was in a couple weeks.

In the morning Erik had left early to go to work. My mom had her day off so maybe we can spend some quality time together. She wanted to take me shopping so I decided to go.

We left the house and spent all day out. We at least spent almost $1000 dollars on me for school. That was new clothes, supplies, shoes, and more stuff. My mom bought me all nerdy stuff. I had to wear glasses so I guess it would all work out as I suppose.

"Mom, can I ask you something?" I asked my mom hopefully she would say the truth.

"Yes darling?" She said. "What happened last night?" I asked worried. "Nothing sweetie" my mom said. I sighed and frowned knowing something did happen but I didn't want to force her.

~~~~~~~~~~

It was now almost 10. And I started to get sleepy so I fell asleep. Then my memories came back through my mind. My mom wasn't at home and neither was Erik. I was all alone. I didn't know when they would be back.

"GET HER ANTHONY! Luke shouted. I was cornered by my bullies. I tightly closed my eyes and told them to get over with it. Next thing you know I was held back while Luke's fist pounded into my face causing my head to turn. I started crying, but I was stupid and scared so he continued. Next thing you know he kicks me in my rib cage causing me to widen my eyes and gasp for air. Then I was on the floor bleeding unconscious lying there. He gave me one last kick then left."

I woke up from screaming I was sweating. I put my legs up onto my chest and started crying. Hopefully this new school year would be different. Maybe I will actually have friends this time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was the morning and I woke up and went downstairs to find a note taped on the counter saying,

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEPHANIE! I love you so much. You're growing up so fast. Stop. Seriously. You're finally 17. When you wake up and see this I want you to smile all day. Bye sweetheart.

Mom, xo"

I instantly smiled and saw the gift on the counter. I got excited. But then I heard a knock on my door. I opened the door and saw a delivery man.

"Order for Stephanie Gordan?" The guy said holding a clipboard.

"Yes sir that's me." I said. "Okay, I just need you to sign this and here you go."
I sign it and hand it back to him smiling saying have a good day. It was a huge box. I didn't know what it was of. I excitingly opened it. And saw nothing but packing peanuts. I dumped them out and there was a note in it. Labeled 'Luke.' I instantly got scared and started crying. I cleaned up my mess then took the note and my gift upstairs to my room. When I was alone I made sure I locked my door. Then I opened my moms gift first. It was a cute beanie with a bow on it. Then I read the note. It read "guess who's back nerd? That's right, Luke. I'm going to the same school you are going to attend. Prepare for more bullying bitch."
I started crying then I crumbled the letter and threw it. Just the thought of him made me scream. I hated him.

~~~~~~~

It was 8 now and my mom finally came home. Just one more week of summer, then back to hell. Erik started becoming and alcoholic and started abusing me. I ignored it because I was used to it. But it still hurt. It really did. My mom wouldn't do anything. She looked afraid as well. I went downstairs to go eat. I saw Erik down there and he scoffed grabbing another beer. I frowned but ignored him. It started to get late. And I needed to be back on track for school so I went to bed at 9:30 exact. No later than that. As I was sleeping my old memories came back over and over. The same thing every night. I scarred me for life. I felt useless anymore.