Sparky Boy // Ch. 1

Denki Kaminari. The average teenager with an electrification quirk, nothing too flashy or special to him. He has bright orange-yellow hair, with a somehow perfectly shaped lightning bolt on the left in it- and he has these small lightning bolt freckles, almost unrecognizable unless you were to see them in the dark. They glow dimly in pitch blackness- they're mezmirizing to look at.

He's often spotted with his usual UA uniform, or his geeky greek mythology shirts, along with grey sweatpants.

----

Today is nothing special, just a casual Monday- and of course, Kaminari is sprawled out on his bed, late for class. It isn't unusal for him.

An annoying alarm suddenly goes off, beeping slowly at first, then quickly after a while if it hadn't been turned off. Kaminari rolled lazily to his side, lifting his arm slowly and slammed his hand onto the clock.

He'd noticed the time, and didn't rush to get ready like he used to. He layed onto his back again, debating if he should just skip today and make a dumb excuse for not showing up.

"Nah," he says in a raspy voice, before clearing his throat. "That'd be the fourth time this month, don't wanna seem that stupid." He lifted his legs like they were each 100 pound weights, and slid off the bed- dragging himself to his closet. He grabbed his uniform, now a little more awake- and went to his bathroom. After sliding into his uniform, he stared into the mirror.

"Ugh, I look like garbage," he noted, before snatching eyeliner off of the counter and applying it to his face. He liked how it looked, and he felt better with it. Kaminari looks back into the mirror and smiled lightly, feeling slightly better. He yawned, and snatched his schoolbag off of the doorknob and leaving his dorm.

The hallway was quiet as Kaminari walked to the elevator, but this wasn't anything new either. He likes it being quiet, though, if you were friends with him you'd never be able to tell.

He plugged in his headphones and set his volume all the way up before exiting the dorms. He always listened to this one song before class, he forgets what its called- something by TøP. Closing the doors to the dorms, he starts to walk along the sidewalk and hums to the music he's listening to. 

There's miles of land in front of us, and we're dying with every step we take. 

"That's an odd tree," Kaminari noted, walking by a tree that looked oddly like a duck to him. His ADHD was kicking in, taking mental photos of random things- like a crack in the cement that looked off, or the way that the letter "P" was drawn onto a stop sign with sharpie. 

We're dying with every breath we make, 

Kaminari stood at the door of the school now, headphones still in. He'll take them out when he gets to class. 

And all fall in line.

"Which button is is again..?" Kaminari whispers to himself, now in the elevator. He hovers his finger over the second floor button, then looks out into the hallway. Damn his short-term memory loss. He clicks the second floor button as a guess, and the elevator slowly goes up. 

A stranger's back, is all I see. He's only a few feet in front of me;

And all look left, and right sometimes; But all fall in line. 

The song cuts off as Kaminari yanks his headphones from his ears, seeing the door to the classroom. "1-A," it reads. He breathes out, and runs down the hall to the tall wooden door. 

"Welp," he smiles awkwardly, putting his hand on the doorknob. It's cold. 

"Kaminari, you showed up." Mr. Aizawa glares daggers at Kaminari before allowing him to his seat- as everyone stared at the front of the classroom. He put his hand over his face, and walked to his seat- which everyone's eyes followed before going back to their friend groups. 

"Oi, Sparky Boy," Bakugou growls, "Why did you show up this late? Normally it's just a few minutes- but hell, you're a whole hour late." 

"Okay- one, Sparky Boy is your nickname, two, I just didn't feel like getting up. I also kept hitting snooze by accident." Kaminari put his hand on the back of his neck, giggling awkwardly.

"Soo.. just the usual, but extra sleepy today? You literally have sleep written all over your face. Did you even sleep?" Mina inquired, balling her hands up and putting them onto the desk, leaning on them. 

"I- Hey! I did sleep, thank you. Just didn't have time to get ready," Kaminari pretended to take offense from Mina's comment, brushing off the fact that he didn't sleep until 8 in the morning, and woke up at 9. 

Mina gave him a "yeah, suure" look before immediately saying something about a Lesbian tok tiker. (Yeah yeah, I know I said it backwards.) 

Kaminari starts spacing out and fiddling with a rock he always carries in his pocket. He stares down at his desk, allowing his mind wander to the night before. He remembers staring at one of the zodiac constilations, Leo. It was his favorite one, but he didn't know why. It always calmed him down. 

"KAMI!"

"uh- h-huh? oh, my bad. What's up?" Kaminari says, looking at Kirishima who'd just yelled for his attention. 

"I was going to ask you something- but you seem rather tired, are you sure you slept, 'Sparky Boy'?" 

Kaminari looked down for a second before replying, "Honestly, I didn't sleep until eight." earning a very worried look from Kirishima. This was going to be a long day.