Chapter 20

Recap

Recap

Going to the living room, everybody has taken a seat. Oph first goes to my parents to greet them. Greeting everyone except Alexius's friends, she goes to greet them, but when she sees Kenneth, she frozes. "You!" She screams, surprised. All of us, except those two, look at them confused.

Eliza's pov.

"Are you stalking me now?" Oph asks Kenneth, who looks just as furious as she is. "I'm stalking you? You are stalking me!" He yells. "Can you tone it down? We have kids here?" I glare at the both of them, making them shut up. They both take a seat as far away from each other as possible. "Good," I say and take a seat myself. After a little bit of chatting, we make our way to the dining room. I don't know how, but Kenneth and Oph ended up sitting directly across from each other. This dinner won't end on a good note, I'm afraid.

Eating the dishes that I prepared, we converse about our lives and our jobs. Our parents are getting along very well, which I'm really thankful for. The only people silent are Oph and Kenneth, and that's because they're too busy giving each other cold looks. I don't know what happened between them, but it has been something big for Oph to be acting like that.

Getting curious, I ask Oph to assist me in the kitchen. "What do you want me to do?" She says while I corner her. "What's going on between you two?" "Between who?" "Don't play dumb with me. You know who I'm talking about!" She sighs and takes a seat at the kitchen table. "He's a customer at the bakery." Looking at her puzzled, I ask. "And you talk to your customers that way?" "He's a rude customer. He's so demanding, and whatever I bring out for him is never enough for him. He even embarrassed me in front of the people in the bakery!" I feel the love in the air! I ain't gonna tell her that or else she'll kill me. "Maybe he was to rile you up. Relax. It's Christmas. Don't spoil your mood. Now, help me bring the desserts out."

"Let's go open the presents you brought for us!" I say after we're done eating, moving back to the living room. On the way there, I pull Alexius aside. "I didn't know you missed kissing me so much!" I hiss at him. "I don't have time for that. Find out as much as you can from Kenneth about his rivalry with Oph!" "And what will I win?" "My love," I say, and he pouts. He puckers his kiss. "I want a kiss." Sighing, I kiss him quickly. "That wasn't a kiss!"He complains. "You're acting like a little girl. Stop nagging." As soon as I say it, I instantly feel regret. "I'm sorry, baby. Please, forgive me." I say, kissing him deeply. "Now, that's better!" Laughing, I pull away. "Let's go. They must be waiting for us."

After all of us exchange gifts, I bring out some Christmas board games to play. "Aren't we too old for that?" Xavier says, and Norah flicks his head. "Stop talking nonsense. We're never too old for that." We all laugh while Xavier kisses his wife's cheek playfully. "Alright, let's split into teams of two people. Christian and Calista will be with me and Alexius." Splitting into teams, there are two people without a team. "Why am I stuck with him?" Oph complains. "Trust me, I don't want to be a team with you either!" "Eliza, can we be a team, and Alexius and that wench a team also?" I shake my head. "Sorry, but we're already a team." They nod, sulking. "Fine."

Playing Christmas trivia, there's a question directed towards Oph and Kenneth. " One of Santa's reindeer shares a name with a famous symbol of Valentine's Day. Which reindeer is that?" I ask. "Rudolf," Kenneth says. "How is Rudolf associated with Valentine's day!" Oph says, glaring at him. "That's the only reindeer I know." He shrugs casually. "Then, don't talk. Gosh! You're gonna make me lose!" "If you're more clever than me, then say the correct answer." She blushes. "I don't know, ok?!" I and Alexius bite our lips, trying to stop our laughter. "It's Cupid."

"This one's for you, Alexius and Eliza." My mum says. "In the song "Frosty the Snowman," what made Frosty come to life?" Oph scoffs. "Do you have a problem?" I turn to her. "How come we get that hard question, and you get that? It's rigged!" "It's not rigged. Get over it." I say, and Alexius says. "An old silk hat." "Correct. You won a point!" I clap and kiss Alexius's cheek. "Thank you!" "Anything for you!" He smiles at me, and all the women in the room applause us. "You should take some lessons from your son," Norah says to Xaver, and my mum says the same thing to my dad.

It's now Oph and Kenneth's turn once again. "What well-known Christmas carol became the first song ever broadcast from space in 1965?" Alexius asks, and Oph scoffs. "I told you it was rigged!" She complains. "Jingle bells," Kenneth answers casually. "Correct!" Ophelia's eyes widen. "Oh, my Gosh! We won a point!" She screams and lunges into his arm. He catches her with ease, and they hug. After realizing what they've done, Oph pushes Kenneth away, making him fall back. "Ooph!" We all look at them with knowing smiles while Sebastian says. "Love is in the air!" He sings. Oph glares at him, and Kenneth punches in the stomach lightly. "Don't be abusive, man!" Sebastian groans.

Spending about an hour playing games. They bid us goodbye and leave. After we put the kids, who are already asleep, we go to the living room and take a seat on the sofa. "Are you ready to go see your present?" Alexius asks, and I groan. "Do I have to? I'm too tired to get up!" Kissing my lips, he promises. "You're going to like it!" "Fine." Grabbing my hand, he drags me to my room. "Open this!" He says, pointing to a black folder on the bed. "What's that?" I ask curiously. "Open it, and you'll find out." It reminds me of the folder that he showed me the first time we met.

"It's a house!"

........................................................................................................................

Hi! I'm back again with the regular update. In this chapter, you caught a glimpse of Ophelia and Kenneth's story. Who knows? Maybe there will be a separate story! I hope you liked this chapter. If you did, please vote and comment your thoughts down below. Good night!

 Good night!