Chapter 22

Eliza's pov

Eliza's pov.

Waking up early the next day, I head to the kitchen to start preparing breakfast. Feeling arms being wrapped around my torso, I feel kisses on my neck. "Good morning!"Alexis says in my ear. "Good morning, baby. Slept well?" "You weren't there!" I laugh. He's even worse than me, but it's cute. "You've become so clingy!" "Fine." He pulls away and takes a seat at the kitchen table. "I was kidding!" He looks away, scoffing. Someone's grumpy today!

"Are the kids awake yet?" I ask Alexius. He shrugs while checking his phone. "I'll go check." I make my way up the stairs and to their room. As soon as I walk through the door, Christian jumps on me. "Careful there," I say as I balance myself while catching him swiftly. He kisses my cheek, and Calista screams. "Mama! Mama!" I pick her up with my free arm and hold them both in my arms. "Good morning!" I kiss their forehead and their little nose. "Slept well?" To which they both reply with "Toys!" "After we have breakfast, then you can play with your new toys, ok?" I chuckle when I see them both nod their head excitingly.

Setting them on their high chair, I take a seat, and we start eating breakfast. "Maybe we could go and check out the new house," Alexius says. "Today? We have to go to the orphanage, remember? We promised to be present." "Oh, I didn't remember. Maybe after?" I nod. "But why are you in a hurry?" He looks up from the phone and shrugs. "I wanted to move there before I get bombarded with work." Picking up the plates, I motion for him to get the kids. "Get them ready until I clean, and then we'll go."

Arriving at the orphanage, I can see all the kids gathering at the window and staring at us

Arriving at the orphanage, I can see all the kids gathering at the window and staring at us. Calista and Christian immediately get excited, seeing all their friends. "Are you ready to see your friends again?" I ask them, and they nod excitingly. "Let's get going then." Unbuckling them from their seat, we pick them up to prevent them from falling due to the heavy snow. "Wow!" I feel myself slipping, and my mind drifts to Christian right away. I don't want him to get hurt because of me. "Careful there," Alexius says, steading me. "Thank you so much, baby!" I kiss him to thank him. Grabbing my hand, he says. "We don't want you falling, do we?"

Walking up the stairs like a family, Mrs. Stewarts is waiting outside to greet us. "Mrs. Stewarts!" "How many times have I told you to call me Naomi!" She scolds me, making me move back. "I'm sorry!" I whisper, sounding like an eight-year-old getting scolded. "Merry Christmas!" I say, hugging her with Christian still in my arms. "Merry Christmas to you too! Look who we have here?" She takes Christian away from me. "Are you having fun with Eliza and Alexius?" He nods, and Calista says. "Mama! Dada!"