(Solangelo, Requested) An Apple a Day Keeps the Doctor Away

Requested by: ResidentLoudPerson

"Hey Nico?" I said. I had had a crush on him for years but today I wanted to see if I could do something about it. Nico looked right at me and took a big bite out of an apple.

 "Yes Solace? I'm right here you know." He quipped. 

"I had an idea-" I began but he cut me off with a "Really?" and took another aggressive bite. "Why are you eating your apple like that! Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you're eating but WHY?" His weird eating was annoying me. 

"An apple a day keeps the doctor away!" He said and started to walk off.

 I ran after him, lunging and grabbing his hand. "I was wondering if you'd come help me Christmas shop?" I said, spinning him around. He looked down at our intertwined hands and I pulled my hand free and regretted what I had said immediately. 

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked. Sorry. I'll go now." I turned to walk off. 

"No!" He said and I looked back. "I'll come." He said, looking at the floor. " I smiled.

 "Great! I'll meet you at the car soon?" He nodded. I couldn't believe my luck.

A few minutes later I was waiting by the car. I saw Nico walking down the hill and felt my stomach flutter with nervousness and excitement. He was dressed all in black but he had no gloves. "Hi." He said quietly. 

"Nico! You aren't wearing any gloves!" I took off mine and handed them to him. He looked down at them. "No, no, no. You're hands can get cold too you know." He tried to hand them back but I took a step back getting into the driver's seat.

"You can drive?" He said. I rolled my eyes. 

"No I'm getting in the drivers seat because I'm not driving." I quipped.

We drove in silence the rest of the way. Nico stared out the window the while time. 

"We're here! No monsters yet either!" I said, trying to start a conversation.

"Solace-" He started to say but he was cut off by a loud screeching sound of teeth on the car roof. The two of us leapt out as quickly as possible, rolling and standing again. On top of my car was what Annabeth would call an Aeternae. It was a humanoid with a giant saw-tooth thing sticking out of it's head.

"It has a chainsaw in it's head." I said bluntly. The monster whipped it's head towards me. I couldn't see any eyes so I assumed it only heard me.

"You just had to say there weren't any monster around didn't you?" Nico snapped. The monster turned towards him. I realized it would attack him so I talked again, trying to distract it.

"I was trying to start a conversation!" I retorted. The monster had a lock on me. It leapt at me, it's bon arms flying and the saw pointed right at my neck. I scrambled backwards, stumbling. It flew towards my face and at the last second I rolled away and it slammed into the spot I was just standing. I tried to tiptoe quietly back towards the car where the weapons were.

"Why would you want to have a conversation with me? Why did you ask me to come anyway?" Nico said, pulling a long black sword out of thin air. The monster leapt at him and I shouted incoherently and leaped in front of it. I felt the saw tear against my chest and pain filled me. 

"Will!" I heard Nico cry out. I smiled at the name. "You called me Will." I said, grinning like an idiot. Nico ran up to me, taking the opportunity to stab the creature. It made a sound like a revving chainsaw and crumbled into dust. "Will you idiot why did you do that!" He said and tried to prop me up in his lap.

"Nico. Calm down. It isn't fatal, look. It might leave a little scar but I'll be able to drive back. We're fine." I said trying to calm him down. "Why are you crying?" I said. 

"Why did you want me to come anyway?" Nico asked and straightened up wiping his eyes. I began forming a lie in my mind but decided to tell the truth.

"Uh- I really like you Nico." I said. Well that was eloquent. My brain said. Nico was quiet.

"I think I like you too. " He said eventually.

"Really?" I replied.

"Yeah. And I didn't want you to die. . . sorry I freaked out." He said. 

"No, no. It's kind of nice to see some one likes me that much." I said, smiling.

"Come on, help me up." I said and Nico hoisted me to my feet. Nico looked down at his shoes. I put my hand on his chin. He flinched at first but then rested his face on my hand. I turned his face up and on an impulse, kissed him. It felt amazing and butterflies filled me up. When we parted, Nico was smiling.

"That was nice." I said. 

"So are we boyfriends now?" He said. I thought for a split second before answering.

"Do you want to be my boyfriend?" I asked.

"Uh-yeah." He replied.

"Then yes!" I squeaked a little.

"Ok, ok, ok. Let's get you back to camp." Nico switched over to his sarcastic self but he was still grinning like crazy.

I wrapped my arm around his shoulders and we hobbled back to the car. I just hoped it would run.

The fight scene wasn't very good but I hoped you liked it!

Until next time my Greek geeks!

Word count: 931