XXIV

"Wow, it's been 7 years." Shuichi says amazed.

It's Shuichi's and Kokichi's 7th anniversary. And Shuichi is planning on proposing to Kokichi. DICE and Shuichi's family already know about this, and fully support it. Also, Kokichi and the rest of DICE revealed their identity to everyone. But people like Kyoko and John already figured it out.

Uragiri sadly passed away from her sickness. Kokichi was prepared for it, but still cried his eyes out. Every year on her birthday they vistit her grave and they bring some flowers for her. He always bring a bowl with water with the flowers in it, because every they bring her lotus flowers, her favorite. The lotus flower is a aquatic plant, in other words it grown in the water. And they bring always the red ones that she liked.

Today, Shuichi and Kokichi planned on going to the park where Kokichi and Shuichi exchanged their mask and hat. Shuichi wanted to propose to Kokichi under the tree that Kokichi showed him.

They were planning to go the park at night, so in the day they go out for dinner.

But right now, it was still morning and the two of them were still in their sleepwear. Well, Kokichi was in his sleepwear. Shuichi just sleeps in his boxers.

Both of them had bought a gift for their significant other. When they were both done with their morning routine, they exchanged gifts to one another. Kokichi was the first one to give their present. He got Shuichi a ticket to go to the cinema, to watch the new Sherlock Holmes movie. Kokichi knew that Shuichi wanted to go to that movie. Shuichi asked Kokichi if he would like to go with him, and Kokichi of course said yes.

Shuichi has also a suprise for Kokichi. He gave him more that one thing, but they all pointed at what the REAL gift was. They were all things that you need to have in order to take care of a cat. And they would pick up their new housemate today.

The two of them talked about getting a cat for a while, but never really looked for it. Shuichi wanted to save it for this special day.

Kokichi was really excited to get the cat, but he felt like his gift was nothing compared to Shuichi's.

Kokichi: "Wow, my gift is nothing in comparison to yours."
Shuichi: "No, that's wrong! I love to spend time with you, and it's a ticket to one of my favorite movie series. Besides, what the gift is doesn't count. It's about the person who gave it to you. And in this case, that person is very special to me."
Kokichi: "Thanks Shumai."

Kokichi has no idea how this wonderfull man always makes him smile and feel better.

The two of them made themselves ready to get the cat. At the animal the people already knew why they were there. Shuichi had already selected a cat that he was sure that Kokichi was going to like. But Kokichi would love every cat that Shuichi would've picked.

The cat that Shuichi picked was expensive, but it was worth it. It was a toyger. If you don't know what they look like, Google is the answere.

The cat was currently 2 years old, so they can enjoy her for a long time. It's a girl, and Kokichi got to pick the name.

Kokichi: "Can we call her Phantom? Pleeaasseeeeeeeee? Pretty please?"
Shuichi: "If it makes you happy, then her name is going to be Phantom."

And so, the two took Phantom home. They had already set up a cat bed, a scratching pole, a litter box and her food bowl. When going back to the apartment they stopped at a shop and bought some toys for Phantom.