Who I am

JonathanPOV

        I was already walking up the stairs to the school front doors. Evan was falling into step next to me. I had decided to myself that I'd tell my group at lunch that I was gay. I'm not sure how they'll react but I think I can handle whatever they throw at me.

"See ya later Jon." Evan and me walked our separate ways. I hope by the end of the day we'll still be friends.

~time skip brought to you by KARKAT FUCKING VANTAS (comment if you know who that is)~

        I walked slowly to lunch. I wasn't exactly looking forward to it. All I focused on was my footsteps. I blocked out everyother sound around me. I counted them till I got to the table. 1...2....3...23....Then there I was standing next to Evan debating whether I should sit next to him or not. I finnaly put my tray down and sat next to him. "Hey Jon," Lui spoke first to me. "Hey" I simply replied. Everyone kept queit. Suddenly my tray was the most interesting thing to me at the moment. I knew this was the perfect time. I looked up to face my crew.

        "Hey guys I need to tell you something," all eyes were on me. My face went red. Thank gog for the mask. "Well I-I um," the words stumble out of my mouth but I can't seem to bring myself to tell them. "Dude come on, we're always on your side, you can tell us anything," Nogla reasurred me. "Everything okay Jonthan?" The concern in Evans voice made me tingle and feel warm inside. The room slowed around me and my head started to spin. Lui was taking a long sip of water. I couldn't take it any more the silence was killing me. "I'm gay!" I half raised my voice, but not too loud so only my table group could hear. Lui gagged then spit the water out across the table. "What!?" practicly everyone shouted. "Shhhh" I looked around to make sure no one heard.

        "Are you serious?" Tyler asked. "Yeah I understand if you guys don't want to hang with me anymore. They all looked at eachother and queitly laughed. I felt pain in my heart. But then Evan spoke, "Hey, dude we would never judge you just because you like guys." He smiled and everyone stopped laughing. "Yeah, we're not THAT mean," Lui replied. I smiled. The pain I had felt in my heart was now replaced with pure happyness. Evan may not have the same feelings for me as I do him, but at least I can still admire him from a close range. The fact that they don't reject me just because I'm different lets me know that these guys are true friends.