Switching Boys

FELLY P.O.V.

I stared down at my phone as I felt myself tear up. This is it. I'm going to have to leave all of this and try to find something else. I did all of this hard work for nothing. I glanced up at Harry who was staring at me and blinked the tears away. I reached out and smacked him across the face then turned on my heel and walked to the conference room where Management was waiting.

I walked into the room and sat down. My mind was going a million miles an hour trying to figure out what to say to clear this whole thing up. I had finally decided on something that might work when I heard someone say, "Relax, Felisha. You're not in trouble." I laughed lightly. "That's good. I was trying to figure what I could have done wrong." They all chuckled and felt a wave of relief wash over me. So they didn't catch us. Then why am I here?

As if he had read my mind, I heard the same guy say, "So you're probably wondering why we asked you to come talk to us." "Well I assume it's not just because you wanted to have a nice conversation with me." I joked. They all smiled and a different guy cut in, "As lovely as that would be, we actually brought you here because we have a problem." I cocked my head to the side slightly and waited for him to continue. "The boys are about to start their American tour, as you know, and they don't have much publicity over there yet. We want those girls to relate to something about One Direction better so we picked you since you're an American teenage girl." "So you think that just because I'm an American teenager that those girls will relate to the boys better and buy their music?" I asked, totally confused as to where this was headed. "If those girls think that only British women can interact with the boys and date them and such, they may not be as interested. But if they think that they stand a chance, even though they're American, they'll try harder to get the boys' attention by buying their stuff and going to concerts." They explained further. "Are you saying Americans are second-class compared to Europeans?" I asked, a bit venomously. "No, not at all. Which is why we want you to do this."

I was still confused. "And what exactly am I doing?" "We want you to date one of the boys." I stared at them. "But didn't you tell me that if I did that, I'd lose my job?" "We did, yes. But this is different." "Well who would I date?" I asked, praying they would say Harry. "Zayn."

I opened my mouth to say something but then I heard the door open and the boys walked in. Harry wouldn't meet my eyes and Zayn sat down next to me. He leaned over to me and whispered in my ear, "They already told us." I nodded and looked back at management. "Zayn, you will announce this at the interview tomorrow. Felisha and Zayn may go, I need to talk with the rest of you boys." We both stood up and headed for the door. "Remember, you two. Act like a couple." I turned to Zayn. "So I guess I'm back to staying in your room then." He nodded and we went upstairs to grab my stuff from Louis' room. I sighed. This was going to be difficult.

-----------------------------------

A/N: Sorry that this chapter is kinda short and sucky. My brain gets totally uncreative around time for Finals. Also, sorry for any errors. Im on my phone. Love you guys and you should all go read @FellyMarie 's story Crossroads of Life. (: