The song

Scorpius and Albus were sitting at the Slytherin table one morning at breakfast, Scorpius holding a phone, his face paler than usual, and Albus's face was stuffed with oatmeal. 

"Just send it already!" Albus said. He was getting impatient, his friend worked for weeks on that song. 

"No, what if she hates it?" Scorpius lay his head on the table and groaned. 

Okay, we need a little bit of backstory. 

Scorpius spent about four weeks working on a song to proclaim his love for Rose, asked Albus to record it, and got Rose's email address from a bribed Hugo Granger Weasley, and now he was backing off as he was going to hit send. 

"Scorp, just send it!"

"Yes... No... Yes I will... No I won't... Yes I will... WHAT AM I DOING NO I WON'T!!!!!!"

Albus facepalmed hard. "ROSE WILL APPRECIATE IT."

Just then the gorgeous brunette herself came over to them. "I heard my name?" Rose said. 

Scorpius stared at her, at a loss for words. He loved this girl in a way he could never describe and wanted her to be with him. "Er.. nothing..." Scorpius blurted and Albus covered his red-tinged face. 

Rose turned around and left slowly, thinking to herself, what's up with Scorpius? 

"Scorpius, if you don't hit send on that email I will." Albus said. Scorpius took a deep breath, hit send, waited for a few seconds, and then tried to cancel the send. 

At the Gryffindor table, Rose got an email notification. She picked up the phone and got out some earbuds and listened. 

Scorpius was horrified. "I'm gonna die. My life is OVER!" he slumped into his arm and kept mumbling, "My life is over my life is over my life is over." 

Rose got up and left the great hall, and Scorpius looked like he was going to die of embarrassment. 

###

A couple days later, Scorpius had owled his dad, and his dad said that maybe it was a little too soon, and Scorpius had cried himself to sleep. He wanted to be with Rose so bad and he blew his chance.

Rose came into the great hall that day for the first time since the song, and Scorpius soon got a notification on is phone saying that an email had come in. Scorpius picked up is phone and his jaw dropped. "Albus, the email's from Rosie."

"Open it then! Rose probably wants to talk." Albus replied. 

There was a video link attached, and Scorpius put earbuds in and opened it. 

It was a response to his love song that he sent her a few days ago, in the form of a love song. 

At the end, this message appeared: Meet me by the lake. 

Scorpius jumped up and ran out of the room, and so did Rose. They finally met at the lake and they talked for a while before they both paused and looked at each other's eyes. 

They had their first kiss at the lake. 

Well, it wasn't long before they were dating, and it wasn't that long after graduation that Scorpius proposed. It really wasn't long at all, but I suppose you can't sing a duet alone.