thirty one

"Come," Aunt Narcissa leads the torn me to wherever the Lord Voldemort was.

The leaves danced with the breeze as we walked. "I-is that Hagrid?" My heart dropped seeing him tied, in the hands of the death eaters at the center of this forest.

"Hush now Nicodemius." Aunt whispers.

We waited a while, Hagrid's eyes locking into mine as tears silently dropped down my cheeks. We weren't close but this was too much...

"I thought He would come." The Dark Lord seemingly disappointed at Harry Potter not arriving to the place he told him to meet.

Potter appears, walking in front of us.

"Harry no! What are you doing here?" Hagrid tries to rid of the ties around him.

"No.. no.. no... He shouldn't have came." Hagrid whispers to himself, a wand of a death eater at his throat.

"Exchange with me." I ask the death eater who was guarding him. We switched places, I was now standing holding the ropes of Hagrid, my favourite professor.

I wanted to tell him, that everything's gonna be alright. I wanted to believe all will be fine.

"Harry Potter...." Glee in Lord Voldemort's voice, "The boy who lived..." He paces around, "come to die." His grin widened.

"Avada Kedavra!" I shut my eyes as a green streak enveloped the space between them.
I could feel Hagrid shaking by the ropes I held.

Aunt Narcissa approaches Potter's body. "The Boy..." Aunt Bella in a trance, as she and Voldemort wait in suspense. "Is he dead?"

Aunt Narcissa who was kneeling beside Potter's body lowers her head to hear his breath. I could've sworn I saw her and Harry talk and mumble a bit. So He isn't dead....

We were walking back to the school, Harry in Hagrid's arms. My knees feel weak, the wind dried up my skin, the cold seeps into me with every breath, It was the morning now.

"Who's that Hagrid's carrying?" People start to ask, seemingly unaware of Potter's "death".

The Dark Lord stood in the midst of us. He smiles into each of their faces. "Harry Potter is Dead!" His voice rings around, making the faces of the students fall with shock, perhaps sorrow?

"No!" Ginny tries to approach Hagrid but is then held by her family.

"Stupid Girl!" Lord Voldemort teases, "Harry Potter is dead! From this day forward.. you put your faith.. in me." His voice with glee, as I stare at the worn, shocked and sorrowful faces of everyone... mostly Professor Mcgonagall as she locks eyes with me.

"Harry Potter is Dead!" The death eaters rang with laughter, mocking every single wizard who believed in Potter.

I know Potter is alive. It's Voldemort who should be mocked and laughed at.

"And now is the time to declare yourself, come forward and join us..." The Dark Lord looks around, "or die."

"Draco. Draco." Uncle Lucius signals Malfoy who was standing alongside the students of Hogwarts. Draco looked uneasy, I know he doesn't want to. I don't even want to stand alongside these people.

"Draco, come." Aunt Narcissa's gentle voice calls out to Draco. I looked at him and slowly shooked my head, "No." I couldn't let out any word but a small whisper.

Don't come here, Draco.

Don't step forward.

Let's stay away from here.

Draco steps forward, Voldemort welcoming him into his arms. "Ah, well done, Draco. Well done." He grins while Draco's face depict nothing but defeat and pain.

I was stepping forward to get Draco away when Father digs his nails on my nape, dripping blood on my back.

Was this really going to end like this? with us being the bad guy, unable to love and unloved.

Longbottom steps forward, limping from his injuries.

"Well, I must say I hoped for better." The Dark Lord earns a laugh from all his people. The ringing laugh of my Father stung my ears as his nails still dug deep behind me.

"And who might you be young man?" Lord Voldemort asks Longbottom.

"Neville Longbottom." Aunt Bellatrix' shrill laugh pierced my ears, mocking Neville, the son of those they killed.

"Well, I'm sure Neville we can find yourself a place in our ranks." Voldemort was very much entertained at the surrender of one of Harry's most loyal friends.

"I'd like to say something." Neville voices out. "It doesn't matter Harry's gone. People die everyday!" He looks around at the people Harry left hopeful. "Yeah, we lost Harry tonight. But he's still with us.. In here!" He gerstures to his heart, bringing their friends to tears.

"And so is Fred and Remus," My eyes flew to George Weasley looking crestfallen as ever, tears flowing down his muddy face. "All of them didn't die in vain.... but you will!" Longbottom calls out at Voldemort at the top of his voice. "Harry's heart did beat for us! for all of us!"

Longbottom pulls out a sword from the hat he was holding. My heart dropped. This is it. The evil will fall... we will.

Harry dropped from Hagrid's arms as he starts a duel with Voldemort. Students and deatg eaters frantic on whether escaping or fighting.

Draco pulls me to walk away, with our family.

"No! No! Come back! Lucius! Come back and Fight!" The Dark Lord yells seeing our family walk away.

I was being pulled by Draco. I wanted to come back. I wanted to go to him.

I look back, his face slowly getting smaller in my vision. His eyes blank as he stares at me and my family walking away.

I look until he was so small I couldn't see him again... ever

If this is it, I love you so much Cedric.