Chapter Thirty Four

I woke up in the morning feeling more groggy than I would like, I practically balled my eyes out to sleep but on the plus side, I had zero nightmares. I just have exhausted myself.

I came back to Greg's house, one that I did still have the keys for because he refused to take them back in case of an emergency. Last night was an emergency, I wanted him more than anything. All this talk of blurred lines, the only thing that was blurred was my mindset.

I wasn't a child nor was I a teenager, I was a grown woman. I was responsible for making my own decisions and my own actions, I could never have a friendship with Grey. I realised that last night when I cried myself to sleep, only because I thought he would be here but he wasn't.

I decided that I was going to bite the bullet, it didn't matter if it was over the phone or face to face, I just needed to get it of my chest and let him know how I feel about him.

Yes that's right people, I was going to tell Grey that's I loved him. That I've loved him for as long as I could remember, that I never thought it would be possible because I never knew if he liked me back or not. Clearly, to sleep with someone like we have, you have to like them surely? That's all I'm holding onto at the minute because I would never bed someone that I didn't care for in the slightest that's for sure.

Or maybe he would?

"Stupid idiot." I cursed him with a grumble while moving to sit up in the bed.

"I hope that wasn't directed at me?" My eyes snapped open at the voice in the bedroom and I stilled.

There I was complaining because I thought he would be here last night and he wasn't. However, he's sitting on the small sofa across from the bed with an espresso in hand, freshly showered and lounging in a  black top and sweats looking absolutely shattered.

He must have traveled during the early hours of the morning to get here, the tiredness would explain the espresso in his hands which was half gone.

"How long have you been there?" I asked quietly sitting up further in the bed and adjusting the pillows behind me.

Worst case scenario, I had bed head. When I got here last night, I had a shower and changed into a white shirt belonging to Grey. It was the first thing I found in his cupboard and it was almost like a nightdress reaching mid thigh.

"Long enough to know that you snore like an ogre." He smirked as I reached behind me and lifted a pillow launching it, the target was his face. "Easy baby, cream carpets and espresso don't mix." He smiled cheekily as my throw landed nowhere near him.

"I don't snore." I grumbled like a child folding my arms over my chest with the smallest of pouts playing on my lips.

"I know." He smiled, "I've been here since 5am." He confirmed with a small nod taking a sip of his espresso.

"You look exhausted." I evaluated.

"I'm spent." He confirmed with a sigh leaning back into the sofa with a sigh and closing his eyes every so slightly.

"Are you going to need to fly back out today for the concert in.."

"No." He interrupted, " I scheduled almost four weeks of work into two, I moved everything forward. The guys aren't happy about it, we're all spent and running on fumes at this point." He admitted with a sigh closing his eyes yet again.

"Why?" I asked with a small frown, he looked like he hadn't slept in days.

"Because I had to get back home, I needed to speak with you." His eyes opened fully this time to look at me directly, " Your little fiasco last night happened to be relevant, my flight was already booked. It's been booked for over a week." I gasped slightly at that, he didn't tell me that he was coming home early. He said he would be back on the 22nd, that's still a week away.