Chapter Seven

I was currently sitting in a booth at the hottest and most luxurious nightclub in town. Grey Lightning's after party was in full swing and it was a tit fest.

I watched as the waitresses, if you could even call them that served drinks to the VIP guests. Stripper heels, panties and nipple tassels...it was a sight that would burn my eyes for days to come. I watched as one gave a drink to Maddox, throwing her long straight fake ass extensions around her shoulder.

Maddox accepted her invitation for her to come closer, placing a firm slap to her ass. I swallowed feeling bile rise to my throat, was Grey like this too?

I turned to Charlie, he was sat beside me engaged in conversation with Benny but I caught every glance he made to the girls who were serving.

"So first he takes us to his home, your there and now your suddenly at one of the after show parties." Johnny spoke up beside me, "We missing something beautiful?" He asked me with a smirk.

"No." I replied with a smile, "Grey showed up at my office today and invited Charlie to the after show party that's all." I felt my cheeks flush remembering our interaction earlier.

"You know the thing with lies is that people get hurt beautiful." He told me, giving a quick glance over to Charlie. "You need to come clean." I looked to Johnny, my mouth opened and a gasp escaped my lips.

"Y-you.."

"I know." He confirmed, "I wasn't sure to start with. Grey gives nothing away, he's been like that for a while now. Always hard to read and never sharing his thoughts, on business terms his ideas explode and he shares his thoughts. Personally not so much." He told me with a look of concern and taking a sip of his beer.

"You worry about him?" I asked with a frown, Grey seemed fine to me.

"Always." He replied in an instant, "He's our brother so we cut him slack, he has demons that run deep. So be careful and that's all I ask." He frowned slightly, "I like you but if you hurt Grey intentionally from this situation right here," He discreetly pointed to Charlie, " your the only one who will end up with a broken heart, don't do that to yourself." He smiled softly before reaching forward and giving my hand a squeeze.

"If it's any consolation, Grey is forever telling us how much you infuriate him." He laughed and I frowned.

"That's not exactly a compliment." I told him.

"He never speaks about his personal feelings." Johnny assured me, "Your getting under his skin Princess and it's refreshing." I looked down to Johnny's hand as he gave it one last squeeze.

I looked across the dance floor, my eyes locking with Greys. God he looked breath taking tonight. He had showered after his show, his hair was wet and messy on his head while his grey eyes pierced mine.

He was wearing a white shirt that was teamed with a black denim jacket, dark ripped skinny jeans and what looked like to be a pair of brand new converse. I could feel heat rising to my cheeks from our altercation earlier and looking at him standing there, smiling and so carefree. I wanted him.

He sent a small wink my way and before I knew it, I was climbing out of the booth and heading in his direction. He looked surprised for a second before a smirk played on his lips, Charlie hadn't even noticed I was gone. He was too interested in the tits and ass that was rubbing up against him.

"You look beautiful Angel." He told me giving me a once over before taking a sip of his beer. My world was shifting and at the moment he was the only thing standing still.

Grey was right, I didn't love Charlie. Well I did but I wasn't in love with him. I was with Charlie because I thought that's what would be the perfect thing to do, I was covering up everything that I wanted or needed and it's became apparent that I also done that with my career. My life was becoming miserable and so mundane, nothing excited me or challenged me more than this man in front of me.