The End of 'This'

The forest seemed oddly relaxing that day. It had been a couple days since Dream shot Tubbo in the shoulder, and Tommy was still pissed. I walk to end of the forest to meet Tommy. He was sitting on a bench near a fairly well designed cave. Leaves hung above his head from the tree behind the bench. I walk over and sit next to him. "Hey, how are you doing? Still pissed at Dream?" I ask him. "Aren't you? He's hurt so many people! And hurting Tubbo was a mistake." Tommy scowls in annoyance. "Yeah, i am, but Tommy, you have to understand that he's my brother and-" Tommy cuts me off. "No, no. Shush. I have an idea." He stands up and starts walking and i follow closely behind him.

I tried to speak multiple times throughout the walk but each time he shushed me. "Tommy-" I started. "Just stop Y/N-" "You know what Tommy, no. I have been trying to get answers this whole walk and you haven't let me speak! Shut up!" I blurt out. Tommy stops and turns to look at me. "Fine. So, my plan is, i challenge Dream to a bow duel." He starts to explain. "Tommy no! Thats way too dangerous!" I argue. "Wait! Just listen. If he wins, i give him two of my discs and we get no independence. If we win, L'manburg gets independence!" He shouts, i grin spreading on his face. "Tommy, those discs are way too important to you. And its super dangerous! I don't want you to get hurt.." I mention, tugging his arm to head back to L'manburg. "Y/N, no. This is something i need to do, and if i don't include the discs, Dream would never agree." Tommy says angrily, yanking his arm back. "Tommy, he'll agree because he knows he'll win! I know my brother. Trust me, please." I express. Tommy just shakes his head. "You can go inform the others. I'll see you on the battle field." He runs away down the wooden pathway.

————————————————————————————————

I finally stop running to catch my breath. I jog into L'manburg and sprint towards Wilbur. "WILBUR! Tommy is challenging Dream to a bow duel!" I explain worryingly. Shock fills his eyes. He grabs my hand and runs, dragging me along. "FUNDY! COME ON! WE NEED TO GO!" He yells, catching Fundy's attention. He starts running up behind us.

We did't make it in time. Tommy had already offered it to Dream, and we got close enough to hear that he accepted the deal. Wilbur had no choice but to agree. There was no going back now. Dream would never back out of something like this.

The three of us, Wilbur, Fundy and i, stood a few feet away from Dream and Tommy. Just.. staring at them. Why would Tommy want to do this? It could possibly cost him his life.. Clay turned to look at me. "Y/N." He said. "Dream." I sighed. Dream proceeded to turn to Wilbur to organise dates. "The duel will be tomorrow at noon." He turned back to look at me. "Be there." Dream said. He stared right into Tommys eyes before he turned his back to us and walked away. Even if he covers his face with a mask, he still manages to intimidate people.

The duel was less than 24 hours away. I felt sick, like there was a deep pit in my stomach. I couldn't bare to see Tommy get hurt. And all because of what happened to Tubbo? I understand that Tubbo is his bestfriend but.. Wilbur caught me sitting behind a tree. Tears were pouring out of my eyes. "Y/N, don't be sad. I'm sure Tommy will be fine. We'll be fine! Even of we don't get our independence." Wilbur said calmly. Tommy had informed him why he wanted to have a bow duel with Dream. "Tommy shouldn't have to do this.. If anything it should be me." I sobbed. "No, no. It shouldn't. It shouldn't be anyone. Now come on, lets go back and grab some food before we all rest. We have a big day tomorrow." Wilbur explains, grabbing my hand and helping me up. He pulls me into his tight embrace. I return the hug, burying my head into his chest.

————————————————————————————

The rest of the night seemed to fly by so quickly. Before i knew it, it was already morning. There were only a couple more hours before the bow duel. Wilbur would count to ten. Each time he called out, Tommy and Dream would take a step away from each other, their backs facing each other's. At 10, they would both turn around and attempt to shoot at each other. Different scenarios played in my head as i lay in my bed, staring at the ceiling. I finally got out of bed and headed outside. Tommy was preparing his bow and arrow, Wilbur was talking to Tubbo on a bench seat, Fundy was eating cooked fish and Niki was preparing food for later.

I walked over to Tommy. "You really shouldn't be doing this Tommy." I sighed, looking disappointed. "No, i should Y/N. I don't want to hear anything more from you." Tommy says abruptly. "Sorry." I say, walking away towards Niki. "Need any help Niki?" I ask. "Could you grab those carrots over there?" Niki points to a chest to the near right. I nod and walk over to the chest. I open the chest to reveal heaps of vegetables and fruits. Woah, when did they get all of this? I collect some carrots and walk back over to Niki. "Everything was blown up, how did you manage to get all of that food so fast?" I question her. "I'm not really sure myself!" Niki answers, giggling a bit. "Thanks for the carrots! Thats all i needed." "Its no problem!" I reply. Hmm, what to do..

———————————————————————————

The next few hour seemed to go by fast. Too fast. It was already noon and we were heading over to meet Dream. Niki and Fundy stayed behind at L'manburg with Tubbo. I felt sick to my stomach. We finally met up with Dream. He clutched his Bow and arrow.

Dream and Tommy stood back to back. "Ready?" Wilbur checked. Dream only nodded, and Tommy did't respond.

"10."
Tommy and Dream both took a step.

"9."
Memories played back in my head.

"8."
Every thing seemed to move in slow motion.

"7."
I couldn't bare to see anyone get hurt.

"6."
Whether is was Tommy, or my brother.

"5."
Dream and i don't have the best relationship but..

"4."
He's my brother. My family.

"3."
And Tommy is my best friend.

"2."
How could i just let this happen?

"1."
"WAIT!"

(Words: 1161)
Cliff hanger! :)
I have already planned whats happening in the next chapter so that will be uploaded soon.
And, WOAH! 10k READS! HOLY SHIT-
THANK YOU SO MUCH! THATS ACTUALLY CRAZY!