Ch:-5 Project and first friend?

Seraphina POV

'Why him anyone but him' He then got up from his desk and sat at the desk infront of me and placed his elbow on my desk "Get your elbow of my desk" "uhm No" "Do as I say if not I'll- "What you'll beat me up again, Go for it but i'm your partner and I won't be able to help you with the project" This guy is seriously ticking me off "oh Don't worry you are not touching this project" He looks at me confused "Excuse me?" "I cannot have you ruining my perfect record so I'll be doing all the work by myself, I'll provide you with notecards for the presentation so you'll read of those" I explain to him "you think you can handle that?" "Wth you must be joking?" "No"
I deadpanned "am not doing any of that, I came here to study not fr- "look it's been decided" I cut him off "SHIT BEEN DECIDED, WE DIDN'T DECIDE ANYTHING" I get up and walk away.

TIME SKIP TO THE PRESENTATION

"John" I call him as I walk up to him "Here are the notes I wrote for you" I give the notes "The whole thing is pretty straightforward, just off the index cards and follow my clues" I tell him only for him to tear all notes I gave him WtF "what the hell are you doing?!" I demand an answer from him "since there wasn't communication, I went and did the entire work myself, so I won't be needing the notes" I bit my lip in anger "for now, let's figure out what each of us should say during the presentation."

AFTER THE PRESENTATION

'The presentation went horrible I got a B- ffs' I thought in anger 'How did this happened' I slam the table and start walking out of the class "Seraphina, where are you going?" The teacher asked me "library." I respond and headed straight for the library.

John's POV

I was walking through the hallways while everyone around me was talking about the presentation mostly Seraphina's presentation.

"Did you hear Seraphina got a B- in the presentation?"
"Yeah I heard, I was so disappointed when I found out"
"What she really did the badly"
"Some queen she is"
"Yeah next thing we know we'll lose turf wars as well"
"I don't like her hair"

'So this type of stuff here as well huh, just because she's the queen they are people watching everything she does' anger was boiling in me 'it's impossible to escape this judgement'

After reaching the library I walk up to her and go "Hey we should start working on the project together, we can do better this time" she slammed the book and slammed me into the wall using her ability "That's not for you decide, listen to me John if you don't agree to take my notes, I'll send you to the infirmary every single day so you'll have no chance on work so you will no other choice" she threatened me "Is it really worth the perfect grade?" I ask her "Yes" "why are you even doing this? Because you like to do the extra work yourself? Or to meet the expectations of others?" I ask her "That's none of your concern" "Well am still not gonna do it, if you beat I'll just bullshit my side of the presentation so both of us will fail it" I tell her "You'll what? Fine if you do that, I'll make the rest of your time here a living nightmare for you" she went, I sigh and go "am a cripple you think you can ruin my life more than it already is" I responded to her threat "What the heck is wrong with you? This wasn't supposed to be this difficult, I GAVE YOU THE BEST SCENARIO neither of us need to speak to each other and we both walk away with an A, so why won't you just do as I say?"
"Because I don't want to." I responded to her "Before I came here, I told myself that I'll do whatever I want with my life"

TIME SKIP TO NIGHT

Seraphina POV

'He's delusional'

TIME SKIP TO THE LIBRARY

After getting the books I need, I went towards my table to see John sitting there "what are you doing at my table?" I ask him "doing the project obviously" "Are you serious? I already told you to not work on it" "and I already told you that i'm doing my part" I then go and take my seat and think 'So annoying' as John thought 'So bossy' 'why did I get stuck with you' after an hour.

"Finally done with the act" John said "Time for a break!" 'Yeah right' I think to myself "let me see what you done so far?" I ask surprising him"what?" "It's only reasonable, I let you work on the project. You let me see over your work" I explained to him "uhh I don't think your qualife-"What the heck is this mess?" I ask him "it's my summary, and stop doing that." He said "the plot is entirely inaccurate, You can't even figure out the plot, what's wrong with you?" I ask in disbelief 'Was he even reading the correct book' "Well the language they use is weird, I don't understand ok." He said "Then ask me! Don't make stuff up like last time."

John's POV

While working on the project I fell asleep only to be woken up by Seraphina slamming a book on the table, I look up to see that she was ........smiling 'Man I must dreaming'. We worked a lot on the project, we basically stayed in the library, she explained everything about the book in detail and after the second presentation we got a A-. I was happy, I walked over to her "ugh what is it?" She asked "we finally did it after all that hardwork we got an A" I tell her happily "What are you talking about? That isn't an A check again" she replies "Looks like an A to me" I tell her "honestly I don't know why you're moping" she slammed the table and pointed to the paper "You idiot that's a minus, it means we did badly" she explained "Why do keep dismissing everything? Does nothing satisfy you?"
She growls at me and goes"Don't talk to me anymore."

Seraphina POV

I was just walking down the hallway, thankfully nobody was in the hallway talking about my failure "Hah look at this weakling" I hear someone say "Who do you think you are? Butting into our conversation like that" someone else says, I look over and notice two mid tiers one with green hair while the other with yellow hair. "You two should stop talking about others and worry about yourselves" John said in anger "You must be joking we'll talk about whoever we want! A cripple like you should learn to keep his mouth shut" the cyannette said "Seraphina already messed up twice! So it's only natural we'll discuss it! She's an embarrassment and she calls herself a role model" I gritted my teeth "Shut up. You're wrong" I was quite shocked 'Is he defending me?' "You two have no write to judge her. What do you two even do all day? Complain and gossip all day? Who cares what she does, or what grades she gets? She's the most dedicated student here, don't discredit her." The green haired bitch got angry and decided to attack John, only for him to swat her hand and punch her in the face, I then grabbed her head and slammed it into the wall. The yellow haired girl ran away in fear "ugh what th- S-s-sera-aphina" the green haired girl said in fear, "get lost" I threatened her, she quickly got up and ran away I then turned our to John and tell him "come on, we have to work on the project" "yeah let's go."

TIME SKIP TO THE PRESENTATION

"Good morning class" The teacher greeted "You'll be presenting the final parts of the project today. Please take a minute to discuss with your partner before we start." John who was sitting infront of me was glaring at the floor "You're gonna burn through the floor if you keep staring like that, What's wrong?" I ask him "I just really wanna do well today, I don't like what everyone says about you so I don't wanna drag you down anymore" He responded to me "A bit late for that, don't you think?"I deadpanned "sorry" "hey now don't think about that anymore, focus on the present" "Ah alright" "Seraphina and John, please start us off" the teacher announced "I will give you this, you are by far the most persistent partner I've had. Come let's get this over."
'I'm not sure what it was. But something happened the last week that made him act differently, he kept his facts straight, never went on tangents and we never spoke over each other, I'd say we over all did well.'

On the day we got results for the project "Thanks" I gulped and looked at the paper and see we got an A 'No way, we actually put through and got an A' after the class I walk up to John and bring his attention to me"WE DID IT" He shouted in happiness "You gotta be happy about this, I say we celebrate, drinks on me" He continued "You must be joking, we may have gotten an A this time but our final grade for this project is still an A-." "Aw come on, we worked hard on this, that itself deserves a reward" "I'd rather go to the library" "Nope you're coming with me, you have to relax time to time ever had boba."

This was the start of our friendship.