Chap 5: Arms

{Daryl's POV} We layed there in silence . She was wrapped in my arms, "Daryl?" She said "why are you holding me so tightly, I thought you didn't get into relationships?"

"I don't," I mumbled "you were cold so I thought I'd keep you warm." She rested her arm on my chest. "Goodnight Mr.Dixon." She laughed. Then her beautiful blue eyes shut like clams.

I watched her sleep. I can't sleep. If one of those living corpses were to stumble in here while I was sleeping and devoured her, it would be all my fault and I would never forgive myself.

Why, why am I overthinking so much. (I asked myself).

~THE NEXT DAY~

I got up early and had some squirrel left over so I make some squirrel soup. With water and some herbs from outside. It wasn't half bad.

There was some juice in the cabinet so I took it out, the expiration date was still good. (I laughed to myself) like it really matters anymore.

She woke up and came into the kitchen. "Good morning sunshine." I said as she smiled. "Good morning to you too." She said as I poured her some juice.

She sat down and I handed her a bowl of squirrel soup. "Only my finest for you my dear," I said jokingly.

"Squirrel soup, my favorite." She said with a giggle.

We ate together then she ran off to the room. I finished my soup and headed inside the bedroom.

As I started to walk in, I saw her undressing and changing into a new outfit. I knocked on the wall, "Forgot to lock the door," I smirked while leaning in the door way, "haven't seen that outfit before."

She turned around shocked. "DARYL!" "Why would you come in here while I was changing?" "What are you doing here?!" She said with shock and laughter.

"I came to check on you." I said as I started walking out the door. "WAIT, your already here so you might as well stay." She said.

I took a seat on the bed as she spoke to me. "Oh and I found this outfit in the closet you like it?" She said while spinning around.

She came closer to me as she tucked her knife in her belt, the one I had given to her as a gift. "Whoa whoa whoa Beth where Ya goin'?" "Oh I thought we would be going outside?"

"Not yet Beth, lets just have some time alone you and me," I smirked ," I don't think it's time to leave just yet." I said as she sat next to me.