Chap 6: Click

{Beth's POV } we sat there together and talked about the apocalypse. I wish we could just talk about something non corpse related.

Daryl walked into the bathroom. And I looked around the small bedroom we were in. I opened a drawer and found an old Polaroid camera.

I figured I'd get some use out of the camera. I snapped some pictures of myself and scattered them all across the bed. I stood back and laughed.

I heard Daryl twist the doorknob so I got the camera ready, and snapped a picture of him as he walked out of the bathroom and tucked it in my pocket.

He gave me a confused look obviously still blinded from the bright flash. I giggled and said "what? We can still have fun in this horrible world. We'll just have to make do." I said with a wink and snapped another picture.

"Stop that," he mumbled, While taking the camera out of my hands. "Get over here princess." He set the camera up and we took two pictures together we both tucked them in our pockets.

We walked around the rest of the house and I walked into a small parlor and found a beautiful wooden piano. I sat down and began to play.

Daryl walked in and hovered over my shoulders. "You like that?" "Yes it's beautiful I love it." I replied.

"It was my mom's" he slowly whispered. "Oh Daryl I'm so sorry I didn't-" he stopped me right there and sat down.

"Daryl was this your house?" He nodded trying to be tough. "When was the last time you saw your mom Daryl?"

"Before you woke up this mornin' she-she was one of them. Dead in my bedroom." He said while turning away.

"Daryl, I am soooo sor-" he interrupted me "it wasn't your fault it was my dads."

I ran up to him and hugged him so tightly and he wrapped his arms around me.

Actually showing some affection, I turned my head and kissed his cheek.

He just pulled me tighter and whispered in my ear "Atleast I still have you." He said after kissing my cheek.

"Why don't ya keep playin" he said while laying back. "Okay I said as I began to play."