Chap 11: Space

{Beth's pov} I smiled and kissed him again softly on the lips and he smiled back at me "let's wait until later." He said.

We kept walking through the woods. Just to our luck there was a deer standing in front of us looking the other way.

Daryl scored, he shot the deer and gutted it for us. I grabbed the mirror we took off of a junk car and started a fire. I collected some near by herbs and mixed it with some water.

Daryl started to set up our tent. "Hey need some help with dinner Daryl?" "Nah but I would love your company."

"Aye Beth go head' an put that sleeping bag in the tent along wit all ur other stuff."he exclaimed.

I did as he said and headed back outside. "Mind if I sit here Mr.Dixon?" I teased. " "Come mer," he said while patting on his thigh.

I walked over and sat in his lap. He wrapped his arms around me as I buried my head in his broad chest.

"Beth I hope you know I don't just latch onto anyone just like that, so that means Ya hold a special place in ma heart." He said looking down at me.

"Daryl it-it's getting dark out here we should string up the cans."

"I got it don't worry about it angel." He whispered.

Daryl strung up the cans around our little camp. I continued to watch the fire. Oh it was so beautiful.

After Daryl finished he came back and we watched the crackling campfire together a bit longer.

He leaned his head down and I leaned mine up. "I love you." We said at the same time just before closing the space between us.

We set the fire out and headed inside the tent. I pulled the photo of us out of my pocket as Daryl got undressed. He stood before me in just his boxers.

"Well you gon' change or not?" He said.
"Ya know you'll be warmer if you take those dirty clothes off." He smirked.

I changed so all that remained were my under garments. I undid my ponytail and slid into the sleeping bag.

We stayed there talking and exchanging kisses for what felt like hours. Our arms wrapped around each other, my head on his chest.

"I'm so happy I have you Daryl." I whispered.

"Me too." He whispered back while burrying his head in my hair.

I kissed him on the cheek and faded into total darkness. A good darkness for once.