[15.] real muscles

_______________

EDITED

"She runs, dribbling the ball at incredible speed. The crowds watch in suspense as she edges closer to the net. She stops, she shoots, and she..."

Dominic caught the basketball, cutting off my awesome commentary of myself.

I wiped sweat from my forehead and under my glasses before giving him a flat look. "...doesn't score because of a certain tall person who's just too tall."

Yeah, we were still trapped in the stupid gym and bored out of our wits. The only way to survive was to keep ourselves occupied and prove who's the better person by competing in certain contests, like basketball, which we were doing now.

Dominic tossed the basketball in the air a couple of times. "I can't help that you're too short."

"Says the person who's basically seven feet tall."

"Six." He paused. "One."

"Same difference," I said, looking up at him.

He looked down at me. "You're like, what... four?"

"Sixteen, turning seventeen in January," I said. Then, I suddenly cackled like an idiot, causing Adrien to jump in his sleep.

Dominic blinked at me.

Finally, my laughs came to a stop, and I became normal again. "No, I'm like five-four, five-five," I waved my hands in the air, "That range."

Dominic bounced the basketball a couple times. "Up for another game?"

I paused and looked straight at the couch we set up in the gym. It was made by stacking a bunch of gym mats on top of each other with some mats propped against the wall for back comfort.

The floor was so hard to sit on, and my rear was a little bit sore after sitting for a while.

So, our genius brains created this gym-mat-couch-thing.

It looked so inviting.

"Nah," I said, and gave him a cheeky smile. "I'm tired of winning."

Dominic gave me a look, and he raised one finger. "Arm wrestle, twenty-one to zero." He raised a second finger. "Soccer, five to four. Basketball, ten to two—"

"—because you're tall," I cut in.

"And staring contest?" he said, looking pointedly at me.

I let out a heavy sigh of defeat. "Thirty to..." I stopped.

"To...?"

I glared at him before mumbling out, "Negative one. BUT that was only because—" I thought it over, then sighed. "Oh."

"Because...?"

I looked at his infuriatingly calm face.

Slight amusement shone in his eyes as he watched me glance at my tightened fist and back at his face. I finally groaned and buried my head in my hands.

"I already said I was sorry!" I said. "I only meant to pretend to punch you so you would blink, not actually punch you!" I paused for a moment before frowning. "Speaking of which, how's your nose?"

Dominic's face was getting a beating today.

First the scratches on his chin from Adrien. And now a bruise on his nose. He already has a large scar on his eyebrow—the rumors at school might change from 'he was attacked by a bear' to being, 'he was attacked by two bears.'