Chapter five

Kaden

What the fuck just happened? Did that girl just change my mind? Am I really such a longing fool that fell for her non seductive offer. She must be better than I thought. Fascinated by what I just experienced I stare at the ceiling in their living room. Why am I even here? I could just leave as soon as she falls asleep. Still I feel like I rather stay here to protect her, even if it's in her own apartment. Where she is supposed to be safe. God damn it, I am such an idiot. Well now that I am here. I can just as well rest some before I have to get up and leave for my sister's brunch thing tomorrow. Maybe I should go check on her before going to sleep. Quietly I get up and walk towards her bedroom. She is passed out on her bed with the blanket covering her perfect body that she is not aware that she has. Her phone is right there on the armchair that's beside her bed. I head over there and pick it up. I can't believe I am doing this. Trusty and naive as she seems to be her cell phone doesn't even have a code to unlock it. I text myself from her phone so I can save her number. My cell phone screen lights up the room. I then delete the message I sent to myself. I rather hide the way I got her number. Softly I leave her cell phone where I found it. Before I leave the room I stare at her face. She is very beautiful and she looks extremely peaceful sleeping with her hand under her head. Quiet as a mouse I head out of the bedroom closing her door behind me. It's too tempting knowing that she is just a door away from me. Maybe this will be a clearer barrier between us. I lie back on the couch ending my thoughts with her on my mind. My eyes flash open when I hear the door open. Is it a fucking intruder? No of course not, it must be Kai. Her freaking childhood friend-best friend-roommate. I sit up on the couch when I see him staring down at me almost like he has seen a ghost. This must look creepy as hell.

"What are you doing here?" he asks me, still surprised to see me on his couch, in his home, that he shares with the girl I kissed. I slowly get up from the couch folding the covers that Jessie gave me to keep me warm at night. Even if I would have rather had her keep me warm at night. "Is Jessie okay?" he asks, almost hysterical thinking that I am here because she might have got hurt or something worse. Because why else would make me, a stranger, stay on her couch?

"No she is fine. She was totally wasted at the party and you were nowhere to be seen. So I drove her home and she practically ordered me to stay here for the night" I tell him to avoid a heart attack accident. He closes the door behind him and looks at me funny. "Nothing happened man. As you can see I am sleeping here on your perfectly comfortable couch. Don't get any perverted ideas" I say before giving him a chance to ask me if I took advantage of the poor girl. Which I kind of did. Not like that but to please my own desire of kissing her or offering herself to me.

"Good. Well, then thank you. I am very surprised you even care about her" he says while I keep putting on my shoes and jacket.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean? I am just doing something anyone should do. It's not like I am in love with the girl" my words are harsh but true. I have to set him straight before he fills her head with stupid ideas that will never happen. His face is blank, almost questioning if I am serious or not. But then he shakes his head smiling playfully. I always thought he hated me.

"She is too good for you anyways. Better not to involve yourself with the upper class I guess" his answer is clearly a warning but I ignore it. He doesn't scare me but I know that I do intimidate him. I look down at my phone seeing that it's 7 am and that I better get going so I get a shower and some rest before I have to head out again.

"yeah I guess. I'll see you around" I say before heading out of the door trying my best to annoy him a little with the idea of me not backing down. I head to the car and feel my muscle tense. Is it because it's unsatisfied with me for denying it what it really wants. Her, me, in a steamy sexual position. Preferably with her mouth over mine. Fuck, I have to stop or I'll come just by the thought. My cravings are clearly emerging again after these fucked up two years I have had. Damn it, why did I have to see her sitting there. Why did I have to approach her? Now all I'll be thinking about is her. I better drive home fast before I explode by that thought. As the car moves faster I get a call from Dan. Obviously he is going to question my absence from the party. But I rather take the call now than when I am with my sister.