Chapter three

Kaden

That girl was absolutely beautiful. Those eyes really got to me, big and brown with gorgeous lashes. Her innocent face with pouty lips and that perfect smile. The smile I haven't been able to get out of my head since yesterday. I haven't been this caught up with someone since Emily. But there was something about her. I try to ignore the fact that my mind is playing tricks on me and making me interested in someone when I am not supposed to. I am not getting involved with anyone anyways so I have to stop thinking about that girl. It has already been two year and I have been doing fine. No one is supposed to come and change that. Even if I miss fucking, like hell. I have other stuff to focus on and it's just one more year and then I'm done. I'm a 22 year old man with no finished education nor job. Even if I have my reasons to be, I can't let Loreen provide for me anymore. She is doing enough by renting me her apartment in Oakland. Without that studio I would have needed to stay on campus. And hell I wouldn't want to do that. It's time for me to help her and her family. I have been a burden for too long. Jaime and Dan walk up to me as I wait for them outside of the cafeteria where the fight occurred just yesterday.

"Hey man! Heard about the fight that went down, did you see what happened?" Jaime asks me, shaking my hand.

"It was just a dumb fight between two guys. One is from this school the other one I don't even recognize, I guess he is from somewhere else" I tell them not even interested in what was going on. The campus security came to stop it from escalating and I was too busy getting her out of the middle of the fight than caring about finding out what started the fight in the first place.

"Yeah! I heard you were too occupied with a girl than to join the fight this time" Dan says implying that I am hooking up with this random girl. I wish.

"The girl was in the middle of the fight and I had to help her out. And you know I don't do that anymore" I respond annoyed.

"Kade just saw an opportunity to impress her and took it" Jaime jokes around.

"What if that was your cousin? Am I supposed to ignore that a female is in the middle of the fight to avoid rumors or getting interviewed by you guys" I say with a mischief smile making both of them nod their head agreeing. No female should be caught up in there and Jaime's cousin is very close to him so I know that using Lilly in this case is a good way for them to back off.

"So... was she hot?" Dan asks, lifting up his eyebrow, very curious about Jessie.

"She was fine" I lie. They both look at me and tell me that one of the people who saw the fight told them that she was very hot. That he hadn't seen her on campus before. Of course there is talk about the new girl in school. This is typical and now everyone will be very interested in finding out who she is and if she is as hot as the guy described her to Dan.

"I wonder if there is some fresh meat on campus" Dan says, determined to find out more about her. He is the typical guy that gets what he wants with his boyish charm and pretty looks. It hasn't bothered me before but now it does. What if he manages to seduce Jessie as he has done with every other girl. Except for Lilly, she is off limits to us and I wouldn't care if she wasn't because she is far from the type of girl I would ever date. She is sweet and all but she has a past for going around and I don't like that. No one dares to mention it anyway because Jaime is a hothead and would kill if someone messed with her. I really respect that and it reminds me of how we turned up being friends. We had the same class just before summer break and he got into a fight with some people outside of school. I helped him out and now we are very good friends. If I wasn't just as a fuck up as him, I wouldn't have any friends in this shit hole. What I like most about him is that he never asks me about my two year absence or pressures me to tell him about my dark past. That no one knows about. Those are the perks of coming from Fremont. They don't know shit about me.