Chapter seven

Kaden

Now that's what I call a good night sleep. She sucked out every last energy I had last night. It had been years since I felt this satisfied and light. Like I had a lot of frustration and tension inside because of my promise to stay away from females. As I lie on bed I reach for the cell phone where I see a message. Unfortunately it's not from her but from Dan that I have ignored since last night.

Dude - party at the house on Wednesday. You better be there, Jaime's birthday

Shit I had totally forgotten about that. Well now that might be another opportunity to see her and without trying to be too obvious about wanting to spend the night with her again.

I'll be there

Now I have to get ready for school even if I rather be lying on my bed all day. As I get up I send her a message knowing that Jaime is cousin with Lilly. Who is dating her best friend, there is no way she will be missing this. Can't believe Kai is the answer to this. Because of his relationship with Lilly, he will in some way always be around and that means that his best friend is going to be too. This might be easier than I thought. Really supporting their relationship now.

Will I be seeing you on Wednesday at Dan's?

I head into the shower and start to get ready. As I check the time I notice that it's almost 7 am. I'll have to drive fast if I don't want to be late. Professor Greg Murtagh, has already been on me for always being late even if I always finish grading those stupid papers in time. I wonder if I'll even get a chance to grade hers now that she is going to this stupid school. When I get to campus Greg is preparing for class. I am just in time.

"Hey, I need a favor. I am needed in a meeting. Are you able to start up the class without me?" he asks apologetically. I check the list of the people coming today and her name is not in the list.

"Sure" I respond shortly as I feel relieved that she is not in this class. Just a few more months and I'll get rid of this fucking place. One last piece of work before finally getting my diploma. Better late than never. As I go through the upcoming things that the class has to endure I see three women sitting together, they are whispering to each other, watching me and what seems like flirting from a distance. One is almost unbuttoning her whole shirt to make sure I can see her cleavage. For god sake. I ignore them and continue with the presentation while everyone else takes notes. After a few more minutes I notice Greg watching me teach the class. Is this a test? Is he really testing me with that dumb ass excuse. He then jumps in apologizing for his absence but guarantying them that I have been a perfect substitute while he was gone.

"I'll say" one of the females shouts out flirtatiously. Me and Greg look at each other while the rest of the class lets out a big wave of "uuh" sounds. Annoyed, I step back and ask Greg to carry on with the class. He nods asking the girl to respect the teacher, meaning me. I just sight out loud trying to carry on with the class instead of giving her any more attention. When the class is over I stay behind with Greg making sure that the entire room is emptied. The same girl eying me gives me a wink on her way out which I ignore.

"Did you set this up?" I ask Greg, wanting an explanation. I thought that I already told him about not wanting to become a professor. He nods amused trying to explain his reasons behind it. He insists on me having so much potential and that I enjoy this and blah blah blah. Why does he keep insisting on this shit? I don't want to become a fucking professor. Teaching some stupid ass kids like that girl how to respect anyone or to make others listen to what you got to say. For their own benefit.

"Well at least now you have tried it" he says and I know now that he won't be trying this again. But what if he is right about me liking it? I wasn't bothered about leading the class until she almost jumped my bones. I don't need to think about that right now. I better go get going to the library so I can start grading these fucking paper I have left. Maybe I'll give her an 'F' for fuck off. I smirk by the thought of me doing that. Obviously I won't because I really want to graduate after postponing it two years. All because I lost you, Emily. Lately she has been on my mind now and then. I try my best not to show how affected I get by thinking of her while walking down the hallway of the university. That's when I see her. Not Emily but Jessie. And she is talking to a tall slim guy, looking very intimate. He clearly has a thing for her and she is too naive to tell him to back the fuck off. I slow down making my way over while they stand by the door obviously waiting for their next class. I observe him when she notices me closing in. She unawarely gives me a wide smile revealing that she looks very content seeing me. That's good at least, I don't want her going off breaking our promise. The only promise I care about her upholding. To not fuck any other guy. But me. I know it's extremely selfish and that I don't get to do those kinds of demands but shit I can't imagine her being with anyone else now that she's been with me.