Chapter eighteen

Kaden

Five days have passed since I saw her last. Fucking hell, I didn't think I could miss someone this much. Her smell, her beautiful eyes and mouth. Her perfect wavy hair and that perfect body. She has been everything I have thought about. Even if Christmas was pretty great at Loreen I was bothered to see that one of her obnoxious friends attended. Especially when she was hitting on me hard at brunch last time I saw her. To avoid getting Jessie worried over nothing, I left out the part of her spending Christmas with us. I hope she has missed me just as much as I have missed her. I won't tell her that though. Still this weekend could be very interesting. Dan made me promise not to break anything while I am in the cabin. I am sure he thinks that I'm going to be with a girl - which I am but I told him that I needed to get away from distractions to finish the papers before next semester begins. New Years is closing in. It feels kind of nice knowing that I can spend New Years night with Jessie even if everyone else is going to be at Jaime's party. Now that he is done with his stupid shit helping these assholes I finally got my friend back. However he has been spending Christmas with his family so I haven't seen him either. Jessie has been away for far too long which made me want to see her first. It's completely different now, I feel like another man. I don't try to overthink my past too much since that day... The day my sister put me straight and with a little bit from Jessie's kindness I was healed. Now I just think about one goal at the time. First I need to graduate two years too late and then I can plan the rest of my future. Jessie is outside of her apartment with Kai waiting for me when I get there. She doesn't get in when I stop the car, she just keeps talking to Kai. Great, now I have to make nice. And more importantly I'll have to kiss her in front of him, because I can not, not kiss her after all this time. I turn off the engine and head out seeing him looking at me very withdrawn. I haven't seen him since he found out about us which makes this even more awkward. I have been doing a good job avoiding him as much as possible. To avoid him judging me.

"Hey" I say, shaking his hand while he looks at Jessie trying his best not to complain about our little 'situation'. She looks at me with longing eyes before I kiss her rapidly on the lips making sure she knows I am acknowledging her presence. Like there is any possibility for me not to do that.

"So going for a little trip are we?" Kai says making fun of this but quite frankly he is just trying to provoke me and this time I won't let him make me look like a fool in front of her.

"Yeah that's the idea" I respond being over polite to let him know not to test me, Kai smiles widely amused by seeing us together. And I get it, people might think it's strange. Especially the part of us not being boyfriend and girlfriend. But this is working for us so they better just back off.

"Should we go?" Jessie asks, trying to make us leave before this becomes a stare off between me and Kai. I tell Kai goodbye while she hugs him tight. I will never fully understand their relationship. How can they be that close and never have done anything? They really do act like brother and sister. It is pretty great to see a interracial friendship. We get into the car and drive off right away even if I would love to kiss her again before getting there. According to google maps this is supposed to take an hour and a half. I'll have plenty of time to get her ready for what I am going to propose to her.

"You could sleep you know" I offer her to get some rest before I tear her up when we get there. She shakes her head.

"I don't want to do that, I want to keep you company" she responds.

"You will. When we get there I know you will have plenty of time to keep me company" I say giving her a flirtatious wink. I slide my right hand over her thigh stroking it back and forward as she stares at me.