Chapter thirty one

Kaden

On our way to the restaurant I look back at everything that has happened. How we are finally moving forward with our plans. We managed to find an apartment to rent that has a bedroom with a private bathroom. That was my only condition that Jessie made sure to keep. Kai told us that he was going with us which made Jessie extremely happy. I can tolerate living with him as long as he doesn't get in the way of me and Jessie lives. Like me not being able to take her wherever and whenever I want. Devious thinking about us being able to do that I smile for myself. There is a certain excitement about knowing that I'll have her almost entirely to myself when we move to San Francisco. The idea of waking up with her everyday is exciting and not at all scary as I would have thought it would have been. And Kai's work can contain some travel around California, which means I'll get Jessie mostly to myself. Lilly is leaving for Los Angeles tomorrow night and I know that Kai is having a hard time with that. Even if he tries to pretend it's fine. For their sake I hope they last but I doubt it. I wouldn't be able to live without Jessie, not after almost losing her because of that damn bastard. When we reach the restaurant we park and head in. My sister took care of the reservation and I know that she is good at this stuff. Everything will be perfect. I have nothing to worry about. On a long table we find our people. A few weeks ago I would have bailed something like this but now there is nothing else that will make me this happy than to spend a night with Jessie. Most importantly seeing her this happy. That satisfies me. As I sit beside Jessie with her parents facing us they ask us about San Francisco. Jessie tells them about the apartment we got in Soma which is relatively pricey but with the three of us working, it should be more than fine. The idea of me and Jessie seeing each other for a year feels rather unbelievable. There are days it feels longer and other days I don't understand how time has passed this fast. No matter what I wouldn't chance a fucking thing, except the accident. Still we are in the best place we could have ever been after that. It's just important for me that she is safe. Kai talks about the firm he is going to work for, it is well known. I know I should be feeling like the outsider getting a shittier job compared to them but they somehow manage to make it sound very important. And every time I talk about being head of security at the IT company Jaime is going to work at I just get reminded of me giving up the idea of becoming a professor or going forward with my studies. At least I'll be very close to Jessie and our new home. Our home, how crazy is that? As the dinner comes to an end I have to admit that it's been quite fun doing this. My sister and Ed have been eying me and Jessie all night, looking very happy about the fact that I am with a brilliant, kind and beautiful woman. Kai was supposed to go with us to the party but he had a last minute change of heart to meet up Lilly before going to the party. I guess he is trying to get every moment alone with her that he possibly can before she leaves tomorrow. He isn't like me. I can't imagine Kai going as far as fucking her in a laundry room or the bathroom of the frat house. I smile to myself remembering those crazy moments that only me and Jessie could live up to. As me and Jessie wave to her parents and Clint leaving in a taxi to go back to their hotel I pull her closer.

"See you did great baby" she says as her arms lean against my chest. This is the first time I have ever heard her call me baby and I like it. But when she calls me by my name like no one else does it just feels perfect.

"You look... amazing tonight" I say admiring her as she glows in my eyes. She kisses me softly on the lips before going faster and harder showing me how much she wants me. There is no way I am going to be able to do anything about it now and we are too close to the frat house to make a stop at the apartment first. Still I am not able to fight the urge of having her right now. I slide my hands over her arms then pull away from her lips. She looks at me confused at first then realizes where we are. Without giving it any second thoughts I take her hand in mine and walk to the car. We get inside and head towards the frat house. On our way there I spot a small road to the creek. I just hope it's empty. Jessie looks at me wondering where I am going when I turn into the small road that leads to a small empty creek surrounded by trees. I put the car in park as she figure out why I drove in here. She starts to take off her high heeled sandals while I get out of the car to go over to her side. Fully aware of us not being able to enjoy this as much if she would have climbed over to the driver seat. As we stay quiet I get into her seat before she sits over me. With her dress pulled over her ass. The feeling is quite exquisite. Just knowing that she is up to do something like this turns me on. There is nothing she does that doesn't satisfy me in any way. She looks extremely pretty and clean. I don't want to be the reason for her to feel uncomfortable. As she starts to kiss me I open the glove department and check for a condom. She stares down at it when I close the hatch.